Ranch Hitch Adapter.

Anyone else using a gooseneck ball instead of an actual 5th wheel??? I pull a cargo trailer and asked the dealer to install a Ranch Adapter and I just thought I'd see if any of you folks out there use them. What are your thoughts????:eek:

jimtoo

Hi yukon-john,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I'm sure you will have questions and this is the place for answers. Got a lot of great people here.

If you use a gooseneck hitch it will void your warranty on the frame. The frames on the 5ers are just not made for the stress that a gooseneck puts on them. I have seen some being pulled that way though.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Sailor

A buddy of mine did that with his 5er, and did some dammage just towing it about 50 miles on I70.

caissiel

I get scared for the owner everytime I see one of those rig, it adds a large amout of additional forces to the already unapproved pin box.
I had a failure on my pinbox after being towed (in an emergency by a towtruck equiped with one of these adapters) for about 10 miles on flat ground. The truck also used his Jake brakes and at every hill it applied additional forces on the pinbox. It broke the front beam of the trailer just ahead of the pinbox.