Factory error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufflerman

I just picked up my cyclone from another 3 week stay at the dealer. They installed a hole for the manual crank for the landing gear, problem is they spoke to someone at the factory (I think Chris) and was told that the FACTORY ERRORED and put the propane door to far forward, Heartland asked my dealer for a suggested remedy and they suggested a PLASTIC cover that is used for a power supply. Now I have a THREE INCH hole in the wrong place because the door frame is in the wrong place, There is supposed to be about a 1 1/2" hole with a Steel bushing not a plastic cover that Heartland OK'ed.
So my question is how to fix this three inch hole and how to move the door opening rearward about 2".
Heartland should not have to ask the dealers how to remedy something and the dealer should not do a abnormal repair without checking with the customer.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Last edited:

D56

At the time your unit was made our factory did not install an access panel for the jack motor, we instructed the dealer to cut a hole in the front side next to the LP door and install a plastic flap cover on this to seal it and prevent water intrusion... the repair the dealer made is acceptable.

The factory has made the necessary adjustments on the line to remedy this going forward.

Thanks
chris

mufflerman

Chris,
This access was not made in production because the LP door was placed in the wrong location.
As far as water intrusion, The inside of the LP comartment is WIDE OPEN on the bottom.
A plastic electrical access flapper is not common practice for a manual crank access ( IT ALSO LOOKS CHEAP ).
To top it all off this hole is not even close to being centered, A crank can be forced on but bends the crank slightly and rubs on the side of this plastic insert.
It would look a lot better if you took the proper steel bushing, trim the side so it can hug tight against the LP door frame and be almost centered.
I did not authorize a 3" hole in the wrong location.
This is still my trailer unless Heartland will buy it back?
I would like to know how a 3" hole can be fixed?

Last edited:

mufflerman

Chris,
Cat got your tongue, I thought I would get a reply on how a Three inch hole can be repaired, Since I did not OK it, it needs to be fixed and I will order a proper looking bushing that will last and be functional.

BluegrassMan

Mufflerman:

A GOOD Auto body shop,restorer,etc can fix that hole, apply gellcoat, and you will never tell it was fixed. I have had "little" accidents with my other 5ver, and was fixed every time. If I had a "laundry list" that long of problems, I'd be seeking some kind of help, know what I "mean".

Scott

MUFFLERMAN - We have done our best to work with you on numerous occasions, including things I choose not to mention on this forum, other than to say Heartland went above and beyond the terms and conditions of our warranty in our attempts to satisfy you. And yet, here we are, once again. I, and more than one of our dealers, have come to the same conclusion, that no matter what we do, we will not be able to completey satisfy you.
I would like to bring a close to what you refer to as a three inch "hole" in your sidewall. This manual crank access was installed where we needed to put it on your coach. It has the same white plastic fitting covering it as many of our other coaches. I'm sorry that you feel as if it should be something else, but we are not going to be able to meet your demand for further modifications.
I am going to ask you to direct any further discussions to speaking with Heartland's Customer Service personnel directly at the factory and not use this forum for your continual complaints. There are too many positive comments from customers who know that Heartland has a really good track record of taking care of our owners and resolving the issues they may have.
You are one of the very, very, few that we have not been able to satisfy, and for that I am sorry, but God knows we surely tried, again and again.
ST

mufflerman

Scott,
Again and Again would not be nessesary if the list of repairs wasn't so darn long and growing the more I get to see it.
As far as this access hole - I have not seen ANY cyclones or any 07' 5er's with an electrical cord cover installed for accessing the landing gear.
This access is not centered on the jack motor either.
You act as if I am nitpicking this trailer, I'm not. Some people complain about a little scratch in a decal, thats not me.
All I'm looking for is a structualy sound R.V., with heat and cabinets not falling off the walls ect.. that me and my family can enjoy.

mufflerman

Scott said:
(I, and more than one of our dealers, have come to the same conclusion, that no matter what we do, we will not be able to completey satisfy you.)

Scott in ref. to you're quote above, I have only been to 2 heartland dealers.
1) enchantment rv, I sent you pics of there so called heater repair, And in your letter to me you stated UNAUTHORIZED & UNORTHODOXED repair work.
2) river city rv, even though I've been a pain in their butt, trying to get all of this repair work done, they would not make this kind of statment.

So that leave's you and a Unorthodoxed dealer that come to the same conclusion.

fishn2dmax

Scott,

As a perspective Heartland customer, I've taken great interest in how Heartland resolves tough issues like Mufflermans situtation. Your willingness to respond to your customers that are both pro and con add a great deal of value and credibility to this site and to Heartland.

I must compliment you and your organization for being willing to put yourself out their in a public forum like this. It speaks volumes as to the credibility and integrity of you and your organization. That said, please don't look at Mufflerman as a problem that should not be addressed here on this site. If even half of what he states is true, he deserves some continuous remedy and consideration. There are many of us out here in Cyberland watching how this gets resolved. Yes, Mufflerman could easily be considered a PITA; however, I can't imagine any of us being able to stay completely rational and non-emotional having to deal with his very unfortunate situation.

The main reason I'm placing an order for a new Sundance had a lot to do with Heartlands willingness to address customer issues on this site. The value of this site is not the cheerleading section, but the willingness of Heartland to openly respond to customers that are in need of issue resolution and assistance! I think everyone that has ever owned a RV or trailer understands just how complex trailers are - things can and will happen. The difference with Heartland is you do stand behind your products and you are willing to address the tough situations and customers in a open forum. Please don't take customers "frustrations" on this site as attacks on Heartland, but rather as an opportunity to help a customer that is crying out for help. There is great value in attempting to assist even the toughest customers on this forum.

Thanks for being willing to address issues ( pro and con). I look forward to being a proud Heartland customer.

Respectfully,

G.S.

Scott

fishn2dmax,
If you have read a significant portion of this web owners forum, you will have found that Heartland works very well with the vast majority of our owners and have a tremendous satisfaction rate. There are two guys out of 5000+ that I know for sure that we are not going to be able to satisfy, and now possibly a third. Nothing is ever going to be good enough for some according to their perspective of things. I have come to the conclusion that that's just the way it is with some people, and I have to be content to not let that trip me up from dealing with other customers who we can help and satisfy. As I said, I will NOT continue this particular debate on this forum. We are working with the dealer directly and will do our best to get everything on that person's list completed. As for customer's frustrations vs. attacks, I am pretty good at deciphering the meaning and intentions of the words on this forum, and it is in fact when they turn ugly, or personal that I do my best to take the high road and try to keep it positive. When that is not longer an option, I will share some facts to try and protect Heartland's image from untruths written here. In the end, the proof is in the pudding, and our ration of repeat buyers continues to climb - which means that these repeat buyers are experiencing some very positive things overall from Heartland in terms of value of the coach's features and service after the sale.
Again, I know we are far from perfect, but our record is one of good customer service and we really do try our best to quickly address our customers issues and get them back on the road as soon as possible. I personnally get to work with some of the "toughest" customers and have really enjoyed seeing them go from being "irate" to tremendously satisfied. Believe it or not, I enjoy that.

fishn2dmax

Scott,

Thank you for the response and adding some background and perspective. I agree there are some customers that no matter what you do, you will not be able to satisfy them. That said, I appreciate your continued commitment to satisfy and assist the other 99.9%. All emotons aside, I'm certain Mufflerman also appreciates your willingness to address issues here; even though he has some remaining challenges, you did make a difference!

Thanks,:)

GS

mufflerman

Scott,
I called Jim fenner and asked about options for the ramp door that heartland had line-x ed, He told me he hadn't heard about it and that Chris would deal with that, Now the last time I left you a message that you didn't return I heard from Jim four days latter and was told to direct all issue's to him. So I tried that today and got the brush-off. so I'll try this.
The ramp door looks worse than before, This is because they sprayed directly over the wood and didn't smooth it out, The people that did the job Say that they can't remove it and will send the check back to the dealer. (I know this was not in your control) however this does add to my headache witch you and your employee's are getting tired of hearing about, Me too.
Also the ext. panel above the ramp door (replaced because of several exposed staples) is 10 times brighter than the rest of the trailer. Looks like it's been hit and repaired, Jim said it will fade, Ok but so will the rest of the trailer.
If you bought a new car and had to repaint the fender and it came out 10 times brighter you would complain, and want it to match, YES.
But when I want it to match I'm just a PITA.
As I've said over & over I bought a NEW r.v. not a refurbished one, Am I really asking for to much?

jbeletti

I have decided to lock this thread at this time.

Mufflerman, please work directly with the factory by phone and email on the resolution of issues with your Cyclone.

Thank you,

Jim Beletti
Admin

Scott

mufflerman,
Jim Fenner informed me that indeed, the company that sprayed the rhino-type lining on your ramp door did a poor job. They refunded the dealer the money, and we are sending you an entire new ramp door tomorrow.
ST

Status
Not open for further replies.