Grayton Beach State Park

charlie51

Has anyone ever stayed at Grayton Beach State Park in Florida? Its near Destin. We were making reservations for a beach trip and there were only a few spots left here so we went ahead and booked. We have never stayed here before, but have stayed at Topsail. It is no Topsail but as long as it is clean thats all I'm worried about. For $30 a night with full hook-up I thought it wasn't bad. We wanted Topsail but they are completely booked for the time we could go.

GETnBYE

I have not stayed there, but have friends who prefer it over topsail. They say it is closer to the beach for walking and that is a hobby of theirs. I not sure but I think you won't have the concrete pads and such, but they really like it. We are going in April, I need to check Grayton out in case we ever need to use it as a back up. Have fun.
Nita

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

Grayton Beach is a nice CG with white sandy beaches just a short natural path, then boardwalk over the dunes to the best Emerald waters Florida has to offer. If you care to kayak or canoe the Western Lake is great to discover with open water or marsh lands with wildlife and fishing. Good clean restrooms and nice park employees. We have not camped at Topsail but this place will be hard to beat. Henderson State Park is another good CG with the same amenities minus the lake.

charlie51

Thanks alot for the comments. GETnBYE let me know if you get a chance to ride through this campground if you happen to be in the area. We already made our reservations, but would like to hear as many opinions on it as possible.

GETnBYE

I sure will, can even take pics of a particular site if you would like me to. We are going in less than 3 weeks.
Nita

charlie51

We have reserved site 46. I just checked the reserveamerica website again and they have actually put 3 pictures of each site so you can look at them. They didn't have the pictures a couple of weeks ago when we reserved it. But if you go through there and can snap some photos it would be great. Looks like we won't have much room for the dogs to move around. I'm sure some of the other folks might like to see some photos as well. Thanks and have a great trip..

GETnBYE

I went to the site and that is so cool that they have photo's of the sites. Takes the worry out of booking at a new place. Maybe all the FL state parks will continue with that idea.
Not sure if I will have internet service so it might be a while for the photos, I will try to get more of an overview of the park.