Mexico Parts

Kiko

Anyone know how to obtain Heartland RV parts in Mexico? I would like to try to avoid shipping from the US for a variety of reasons. There are not many RV's in Mexico so very few RV dealers here.

I have been able to remedy most repairs with generic parts of some sort but now need a new vent cover for the frig and the original part would be nice if available.

jpmorgan37

Kiko;
Call Heartland Customer Service, or just post the question in Ask the Factory. I'm sure they can help you with an answer. I'm curious, why not have items shipped from the US?
John

Kiko

mexico shipping

I only get letters and flats delivered here. Most people do not have anything shipped in boxes as it will be opened up by customs. You will have to pay hefty import tax on the contents and/or you may never get the package. Most people just wait to drive up north of the border and bring back whatever they need.
I did go to a Home Depot in Guadalajara last week and bought a sheet of plexiglass. I think I will be able to make a vent cover for my frig. by using a heat gun and bending the plexiglass over a table edge.

jpmorgan37

Now I understand. Another thought is contact some of the Caravans that come to Mexico in the winter. If you could get in touch with one of the Trek Masters or Tail Gunners, they might bring it to you. I know that some of them do go to Guadalajara. That's a possibility for you.
John

mobilrvn

Kiko, maybe you could get some help on a couple of other forums. The major thing is to get the parts past the Mexican border and then they could be shipped anywhere in Mexico through DHL without worring about customs/postal service. I'd go to RV.net, there is a forum entitled "RVing in Mexico and South America". Also there are quite a few folks on the escapees.com forums who do Mexican travel. We'll be going to Mexico again in Dec and if you still need anything, let us. know and we'll try to help you.

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Shipping to Mexico

It looks like for the most part you have plenty of help. However, just in case, I lived in Mexico for seven years. I had several items shipped there. If you can get the shipping vendor to state the value of an item $10 US or less, it won't be taxed and will (likely) reach you in reasonable time. I even had a phone for my computer shipped from France and got it in 10 days with no duty charged. (I'm still amazed by that one myself). Value stated on the paperwork was $10 US. So far as I could tell it was never opened.

All that said, if you want to be 100% sure of getting anything, and be sure you won't have to pay more than the item cost in taxes, have someone bring it like stated above.