New generator fuel pump !

1231ChaseB

Hi All ! Well after 3 month's of aggravation with the generator i had it in to a Cummins/Onan dealer today and they replaced the fuel pump and it's running fine ! Didn't get the fix i wanted with the fuel pump put back at the gas tank but the Onan people say their not responsible as to where Heartland decide's to put the generator and then the gas tank all the way to the back about 25 or 30 feet away ! The only way they we're going to relocate the fuel pump was if i was willing to fork out about $250.00 dollar's ! If this new fuel pump die's I'll get a pump from an auto part's place and do it myself for about 50 dollar's !
Heartland should have set this generator and gas tank up different i think !
chaseb

porthole

Retired
I would venture to say most trailers with genny's that use gasoline have gas tanks mounted in the rear.
Every toy hauler I have seen is set up like this, no matter who makes it.

Northern Virginia
I bought a replacement pump made by Facet from NAPA for around $50. Install was very easy. An OEM Onan for my unit was around $200 and that is an internet pump price.

I had to modify the mount bracket and drill and tap two new holes. But the whole job still took less than 30 minutes.

John