Moved the light switches in my 2007 2800bhs

Jknollman

So I have owned this for a little over a week now. The first thing I noticed was to turn on the lights in the living area you had to open a cabinet. That's kind of silly. So I did a little looking around and moved it. I'm going to try to attach the picture... I'm new... So if it doesn't work I'll try again! Questions or Comments? If you decide to do this send me a message, I will get some measurements. There is quite a bit of wiring in this spot but it worked out well.

light switch relocation.jpg

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/s...otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

jbeletti

Looks great Jason. Making it your own can be fun and rewarding. I plan to pull 2 switches out of my control panel cabinet too. Also plan to change out the style of switch (dual) in my bedroom as they are the same as the bedroom speaker switches (dual) and are right below/above each other. At least with a different style, my wife won't be playing switch roulette anymore :)

Jim

hankaye

Jknollman, Howdy;

What do you use to or how do you cover the hole left when you relocate the switches???

Pictures look odd in some places (lol), .....

hank

jbeletti

Hi Hank,

I know you've addressed your question to Jknollman, but I wanted to let you know what I plan to do when I move a couple of switches outside the control panel space. In my case, I am planning to use a different kind of switch - a surface mount style. Little easier to hit than the small flush style toggle. In this case, for now, I plan to leave the 2 switches in the control panel and mark them "Unused". Later, I may repurpose those switches for another use.

Jim

texbik

I did the same thing in my 2900MK when I got it. Hated having to open the closet to turn on the lights. I only did one switch for the main lights. I left the original switch in the closet and just wired the new switch in series with the original switch. With the old switch always on, the new switch on the wall controls the lights.

jbeletti

Nice Van. My mod worked out well too. Love just hitting those paddles on the wall for those 2 lights.

Jim

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Great Thread. We have the same issue in our 11 North Trail. Having to open a door to turn on the lights, is a pain. Great mod. I would like to do the same.