New Hide-a-Bed Drawer

5erWonk

Coley, et al,

I have a new '08 BigHorn 3055 with the air matress...I don't sleep on it but unfortunately our guest(s) love it, very comfortable.

One problem, the under drawer does not have a latching mechanism and comes open while traveling, should there be some type of latch? We have tried many things from a rolled up rug to wedging a shoe uner it, does not work. Tying a rope around the entire sofa worked well but is a pain in the #@&*.

Are we missing something or is this a design flaw?

Thanks,

jwb187

I just returned my 08 3055 to the dealer for some furnace work and also am having a problem with the drawer under the hide a bed. I asked my service manager to try to figure out some type of lock to keep the drawer from sliding open during travel....I will be following this subject and will let you know if he figures anything out....jwb

Scott

I know that this is a new design from Flair Interiors. If the drawer is coming open during travel, I would say the easiest fix would be to put a drawer latch on it like on the cabinet doors. I know some customers do this in their kitchens. If it is a definite defect, and is causing a lot of problems, we can work with Flair to get it handled.

ST

5erWonk

Scott,

Thanksfor the info...I need to get under there to see what can be attached as a latching mechanism. The only thing in the drawer is bedding, nothing breakable. The problem is that with it opening during travel I'm sure the drawer itself will eventually fail.