24 rbs-2 questions: rear ladder & wide-trax.

DavidB.

My wife and I have settle on the 24 rbs model. 1a) I cannot find factory installed option for a rear ladder, why? 1b) If not factory installed, then a dealer inst. option? 1c) can a ladder be installed? 2) re the Wide-Trax, this is great for pulling/stability but when pulling into a tight spot to fuel the truck or backing in to a small camping spot, will not one wheel/axle drag in a very tight turn? If you look at some eighteen wheelers turning into fuel plaza, some of those axle wheels are dragging. Thanks for the responses.
DavidB.

irvin56

All tadem axle trailers will do that. No way to stop it. In the 35+ yrs of rving, I never noticed any major problems with that. unless your burning donuts for hours on end. most of your traveling is fairly straight driving and maybe 1-2 percent is hard turns or backing into sites. Not to worry. Just make sure when you park - That after your back up, Pull staright ahead 5-10 feet and back in straight. this will take any twist out of suspension and tires. the ST tires (Special Tires made for trailer) on trailers are designed for the extra stress on the sidewalls.
irvin

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You may be able to have the dealer install the ladder. Email or call Heartland to find out if you can add it to your model. I seem to recall other NT owners had even asked for the location of the studs and special blocking in the walls where a ladder could be installed.

M

Mcreech

The NT 24RBS has the backers in the wall if you wanted the dealer to mount a ladder. With regards to the Wide-Trax question. If you want to speak in the most advanced technical level, then yes you will drag the rear tires a very small fraction and that is only when you practially jack knife the unit to get it in a certain spot...The tires won't be dragging on normal everyday turns on our roadways....Heartland believes that the safety that the wide-trax gives you and your family out weighs the very small amount of drag you may experience in certain situations.

Hope this helps

DavidB.

Thank you Mr. Mcreech and the others,

...for your responses, very helpfull.
Once purchased/delivered, I will contact Heartland for correct side and anchor points.

This forum is great for helpfull hints and precious info.

Regards,
Davidb.