Heartland dealer; no Cyclones on lot!!

Lizn8r

Prospective new RV'er here.

After a lot of research into makes, models and floorplans, I have narrowed my list down to 2 fifth wheel models ... the Cyclone 3210 or the Raptor 299MP. Floorplans are basically similar, with some serious advantages going the Cyclone's way. For example, the loft over the garage is an excellent touch ... wasted space in the Raptor. 3 axles vs 2. The bedroom slide seems to add a TON of space. I could go on and on, but all you Cyclone owners already KNOW the good!

Here's my problem, however. The Raptors are everywhere, especially here on the east coast, but I can't find a single Cyclone on anyone's lot closer than Lakeshore RV in Michigan. My local dealer here in New Hampshire sells other Heartland products, but will not stock the Cyclone because he believes that the Raptor is "killing" all other toy hauler competition. I believe I am close to choosing the 3210, but I just can't bring myself to order something of this magnitude without walking through one and "kicking the tires" first. I have no heartache with taking a trip to Elkhart for the factory tour, but does anyone know if they let you view certain models while you are there?

Another question. As I said my local dealer (Camper's Inn of Merrimack, NH) sells Heartland RVs already. So does this mean that, if I decide to go with the Cyclone, I can place the order through him? I have read on other forums that RV dealers and service centers do not like to work on RV that were not purchased there. Since Camper's Inn is by far the biggest RV dealership in the area with a fairly good reputation, I will probably get all my work done there no matter what model I purchase. I just don't want the aggaravation of " I'll get to it when I can" that so many other RV owners go through.

Any help or advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Jett

We also had a pretty difficult time finding a 3210 to look at. In fact, we were within a few minutes of purchasing a Raptor 299MP when we finally located a 3210 within reasonable driving distance. The extra space provided by the bedroom slide and the separate shower really helped sell us on the Cyclone. It also appeared like the overall construction was better on the Cyclone. Anyway, I purchased the 3210 a few weeks ago. So far, I don't have any regrets from buying it instead of the Raptor.

Sol

We also narrowed our purchasing decision down to between these two manufacturers and models. We ordered and will be taking delivery on a 3210 this Saturday.

Interestingly, another member of our extended family was also considering this same purchasing decision at the same time. They too, ordered and are taking delivery on the 3210 today. They were in the process of purchasing from the other manufacturer when we suggested they check out the Cyclone for comparison.

We compared specs, floor plans, fit and finish together. The loft was generally more appealing. The bedroom and bath area are more spacious in the Cyclone. There is noticably more headroom, the neo-angle shower is roomier by comparison, and there is more walk area around the queen bed with the slide out. The interior construction quality (cabinetry, etc.) were superior (in our view) in the Cyclone as well.

I suggest you see and inspect a Cyclone. Consult with your local area dealer(s) regarding ordering and/or servicing options.

tdharley

I had 2 Keystone products (a Tailgator & a 3018 Raptor trailer {no slides}) before my BH and found the units to preform very well. Some usual small punchlist issues.

I have found that the finish on the BH is superior to the Raptor. The wood cabinets & trim is better quality. I have had a few more problems with the BH but I beleive that to be the fact that the BH has more than the basic Raptor ie cabled drain valves, 3 slides, larger closet areas.

Remember I am comparing apples to oranges here since I have BH and am assuming that the Cyclone is approximatelty the same.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We are in much the same boat as you are as we are looking to purchase a Landmark and our local dealer stocks Big Horns, Big Countrys and Cyclones but is not able to get us a Landmark. We did go through the Cyclone and it is an impressive toy hauler. We presently have a Play-Mor 375SS toy hauler that we are waiting to find a buyer for before we order the Landmark. Had we seen the Cyclone before purchasing the PlayMor we might be in the Cyclone now. Drive the miles to take a look at one as I believe it will be worth your trip. We will probably buy from Butch and Karen. We visited with a while back and got close and personal with a Landmark and we believe at this point that this is the unit we want to full time in.

Don

Jett

Goldwingers,

We upgraded from a 2000 36ft Playmor Sport. Based on the photos on your website, it looks like Playmor hasn't changed the Sports much since we bought ours. The bathroom is a lot different, but not much else. Not a lot of Playmor toyhauler owners out there. We only ran across a couple in the 5 years we owned ours.

The difference in our Playmor and the new Cyclone is like night a day. I'm amazed at how much storage the Cyclone has compared to the Sport. I'd describe the Sport as "functional", while the Cyclone is luxurious by comparison.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
You're correct in what you said, Jett. But in Play-Mor's defense ours has been a wonderful unit and has given us every ounce of the service that we expected from it.

We've had only two warranty issues with it. One was the oven pilot not staying lit and the other was one of the electric jacks not retracting all of the way (after 1 1/2 years). There was no problem getting either repaired locally even though we made our purchase in another state.

We originally purchased our Play-Mor for four reasons; Living area TV placement; No bedroom slide; Value for our $$; Play-Mor builds one thing, Toyhaulers, and they do it well. When we were frequenting the Toyhauler forums and reading the various horror stories of some of the major brands, we certainly felt blessed to have our Play-Mor.

Oh well, life evolves, from a tent... to a little motorcycle camper... to a toyhauler... and now to a unit much better suited to full-timing. At every step of the adventure we've enjoyed ourselves so much that we keep wanting even more, and now it's a Landmark for us!

Jett

We also had great service from our Playmor. They are relatively simple and bullet-proof.

I know exactly what you mean about life evolving. Doesn't seem like it was long ago when we threw a tent and change of clothes on the back of the bike and headed out. Now we load the bikes in the back of a toyhauler and take all the conveniences of home with us. (And we don't feel the least bit guilty about doing it)

C

Cyclone1

First,
Thank you very much for your business Jett! Cyclone and the Heartland Team are the fastest growing manufacturers in the nation for towable RV's! Every customer is greatly appreciated and never taken for granted!

Second, Lizn8r its great that you can seen the value in the 3210 floor plan over the competition. The competitor you were talking did indeed do a great job in the market in the past years and I am not going to discredit them one bit for the job they have done, however Cyclone is one of the fastest growing Manufacturers of toy hauler 5th wheels in the industry! We are making great products and sweeping away great customers from our competition. The 3210 is a very unique floor plan in the sense that it gives you a smaller length with all the amenities the larger toy haulers offer. Keep in mind that the 3210 is also a high profile 5th will and the competitor you are comparing it to offers you a mid-profile. The difference being a full walk around bedroom as opposed to shortened head room toward the front of the bedroom. I understand your frustrations on finding a local dealer to make your purchase and I apoligize. We are working diligently to sign new exceptional dealers for the product. However, in some areas we may not be moving just quick enough. All of our Cyclone dealers do an incredible job! You mentioned Lakeshore RV in MI. Lakeshore is no exception to the rule they also are doing an incredible job. I would recommend them as I would all of our dealers. You did ask for the local or closest dealer to your area and that would be Hiway Campers in Norwich, CN. They are abut 120 miles from the currently dealer you are talking about in you comments. We do hope to earn your business and if there is anything I can do at all to sway you stronger in our favor please let me know.

Brian
Product Manager Cyclone/Razor

Lizn8r

Thanks for the info, Brian. I actually just learned a valuable lesson about the internet and RV dealers websites ... they are only as accurate as the person who maintains them. I had checked the internet inventory for Hi-Way Campers which told me that they had no Cyclones on their lot. But just for the heck of it I decided to give them a call, and come to find out they DO have Cyclones there!! Not the 3210, unfortunately, but I'm excited to finally get to see one. I'll let you know my thoughts when I get back.
Liz