Touch Audio system

fullenw

Got my 25OSK trailer from the dealer to the campground and the audio system doesnt work. Its Saturday and nobody answers the phone so i guess i'm stuck until Monday.

The power is working to the unit but it does nothing. Neither the touch or remote do anything. I've tried unplugging it like the manual says and waiting more than 5 min and i've tried the little reset button. Neither do anything.

Such nice trailers to have this cheap audio system. Is there any upgrade you can easily replace it with?

jimtoo

Hi fullenw,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Did the audio system work when you did your PDI?? Does it light up? Are you sure you have current going to it? Is this a 12v DC system or 120v A/C. Also, we are not all familiar with just the model number of your unit, please tell us what unit you have, Big Horn, North Trail or ??

Please give us a little more information. Also maybe someone with the same model may recognize what you have posted and give a helping hand.

Jim M

fullenw

when we did our final walkthru for the TT the device had power to it. It has power to it now. It just doesnt do anything. The dealer said he didnt know how it operated so we didnt go over it any further. on a previous look at the trailer i remember touching it and it responed to touch commands but nothing now. it looks like such a simple device..all its supposed to do is am/fm/dvd. So i assumed it was fine and i could figure out how it operates with the manual. Man was i wrong. I have the North Trail 25OSK. I cannot find reference to it on the website. Its the 25ft with outside kitchen.

The dealer isnt responding to my calls either. I really regret buying from them now as he is in Layafette and im over here in Anderson, IN.

what part was needed? We are in a similar situation. Our RV is parked in TN and we bought in SC and had it delivered so bringing it in for repairs is not an option. Our touch screen isnt working. Would love to hear more about what was wrong with yours and what fixed it

fullenw

They sent me a whole new unit to swap out. It works ok now but i almost never use it. I'd like to find something better.

TxCowboy

They sent me a whole new unit to swap out. It works ok now but i almost never use it. I'd like to find something better.

I happy to hear that Heartland came through for you -- yet another example of the great customer service we get through Heartland and their suppliers.

As for the audio system, there's a lot of bashing about Touch Audio so there's no need to repeat it again here. There are a ton of good, name brand replacement systems out there for a few hundred bucks should you chose to go down that path.