Refrigerator not working on LP

mikeandconnie

Hi,
I tried to use my LP to run our RM 1350 refrigerator for the first time today. The burner was working fine with a nice blue flame and the refrigerator will run fine for about 15 minutes, Then the LP light starts blinking and it stops
running. I did reset it 6 times with the same results. The ac power mode works great. Does anyone have any suggestion what going on or had similar problem.

Thanks for any help,
Mike

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
Hi Mike,
Well of course there is the one question that has to be asked , do you have enough propane? with that one out of the way only leaves one more and that is are your Batteries fully charged? and then last but not least is your rig fairly level ? those are the most common issues but there are more , hope these help and good luck

Mike Markus

jbeletti

Mike,

I had the same symptoms recently and the repair dude said he turned it on and it was fine. I had already turned it off and defrosted it. Maybe the power cycle was what fixed mine after a propane run-out and replacement. Sounds like you've already done the power cycle thing with the rest. No other ideas here.

Elevatorman

Do all other propane appliances work good, or could there be a problem with a regulator? Lite the stove or a burner and see if it will remain on for the same time period. Just a thought.

funntheson

turn it off, then on, wait a couple minutes, if it doesn't work, try again. I found this out on my last trip, after filling my propane tanks. It bleeds the air out of the line.

mikeandconnie

Thanks everyone, I'm connected to 50 amp power and all the DC and propane appliance are working. This is the first time I'm trying this system, so it my be the operator. I plan to call Dometic tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions.... The burner lights off and runs for about 5 minutes. then shuts off. I can hear the sol. valve close. Is this normal, should the buner stay on or does it cycle on and off? After about 10 more minutes the LP light starts blinking.. I have tried this many times with the same results...

mikeandconnie

I will try this... but this is why I'm checking the system, 2 weeks ago the park we our at had to evac. due to flooding, they moved our rig since I was on a trip and it sat 24 hours until they brought it back to our spot.. the frige was hot and the LP light was blinking. I thought it should go to gas when it's on auto when you unplug.
Thanks,
Mike

mikeandconnie

No luck with the unplug, it does the same thing in auto or in manual. runs for about 15 min. then the LP light comes on..

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ooops. Had a brain fart and deleted my post.

Anyways, looking up a copy of the manual for a RM1350, it sounds like it operates the same. But, by pressing the AUTO/GAS button, you should be able to take it off the 120V supply and run on propane. The AUTO light should go out and the GAS light come on. I've never tried it with mine, though. I do have my refer PM'd by the dealer at the end of the (two) seasons we've had it. Part of the 3 year warranty requirements in the back of the manual.

mikeandconnie

I found a very good repair manual on line, I will do some studying tonight.. I like to fix all my problems, However, I do have a warranty with Dometic and a extended warranty that came with my rig.. they told me it would come in handy if the Dometic Board goes out. Thanks Mike
Ooops. Had a brain fart and deleted my post.

Anyways, looking up a copy of the manual for a RM1350, it sounds like it operates the same. But, by pressing the AUTO/GAS button, you should be able to take it off the 120V supply and run on propane. The AUTO light should go out and the GAS light come on. I've never tried it with mine, though. I do have my refer PM'd by the dealer at the end of the (two) seasons we've had it. Part of the 3 year warranty requirements in the back of the manual.

mikeandconnie

Update, the board was not reading the signal from the Thermocouple, so I had to replace the board. works fine now. Thanks everyone .
MIKE