Anyone convert cyclone to hydraulic landing gear?

dougw

I was wondering if anyone has converted mechanical landing gear? I find myself interested in doing so to my 2010 3010. I've been searching with not much luck. If you have any suggestions on where to look for info and parts.

thanks
Doug

porthole

Retired
I had the Level Up installed on our trailer which include front hydraulic landing gear.
That system involved cutting and welding of the front gear.

One of the Heartland members did this last year
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/14102-Converted-Landing-Gear-to-Hydraulic

http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml43044.pdf

Although for the price they paid I would look into the the Level Up if it is being installed on the west coast yet.

dougw

the "level up" system is lippert isn't it? are you lifting the complete trailer with that?

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Check out the Rieco-Titan Ground Control system. It's a do it yourself project if you're a little bit handy. There are several HL owners that have installed the system, us included. The front jacks are a direct replacement using the same mountings. No hydraulics and several safety overrides. And yes, you can lift the entire trailer with this system. You should be able to find a few threads her on the system.

I have a 3950 Cyclone and I am interested in the ground control system, But it looks to me like the right front landing leg is behind the generator and the generator would have to come out to replace it. Has anyone done an install on a 3950 yet?

Jimmyt5

I just installed the Rieco-Titan Ground Control system, I was at it a few hrs a day for about three days. I like it and it was reasonable priced and a do it your self.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
You might want to give Sonny Dismukes a call at Rieco. He may know of any pitfalls with a front generator. The legs do basically bolt into the same place as the originals.

porthole

Retired
When the level up was installed on our 3010 all the work was done from inside. The forward basement wall removed gives you quite a bit of room. My install required welding which did not require the removal of the Genny.