ATF: North Trail - Jensen TV CD/DVD player: no video

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
We can't get a DVD to play, we can hear it, it but no picture. It says "No Signal" on the TV screen.

GaryWT

Double check to see where the wire from the player to the TV is plugged in and be sure the TV is set to where erver the wire is. Mine is AV1 but I know others have to set their TV elsewhere.

Go to the Menu on the TV and check to see if it is set to DVD. It may also list Vidio(possibly list Vid 1, Vid 2, etc. Set to one of those settings. You will have to set back to wtch TV.

Marge

Thanks everybody, but we did all that. Our trailer is back at the Dealers now anyway, because of a leak in the cargo hold, a bad seal around the door on the left side. Boy when you buy something you sure need to look at everything better! So before we bring it back home we will have them check out our DVD playing problem.

APT

My wires were not hooked up correctly. I think they had the TV in to DVD in, not out.

Anyway, do you have a 28BRS too?

Marge

We have a 24 RBS, we had to hit enter with the remote to select Video, we felt really stupid! LOL

AttyVette

We can't get a DVD to play, we can hear it, it but no picture. It says "No Signal" on the TV screen.
We bought a 2011 Trail Runner last year and this happened to us too! My husband had to pull the player out and he discovered it wasn't correctly hooked up inside...this wasn't done properly at the factory and I even called the factory directly to complain about their lack of quality control. I told them about this and the fact that the microwave wasn't even plugged in nor was the outside water tank valve turned on underneath the stove so we could get fresh water when a freeze in Houston prompted the r.v. Park to turn off the water. We just traded our 2011 for a 2012 larger north country (TRE) and we are going to check this all out. Also, discovered the antenna that goes on the radio was never screwed on top and found it laying on top of the slide out...gee, you would think the factory quality control would
check all these types of things out before they ship the units to dealers ( with the exception of the antenna..I see that as a dealer make ready issue).

Also our door had a problem and we couldn't lock the deadbolt..it was a warranty issue and they had to cut out the door and re-install it so we could lock the doors deadbolt so it wouldn't swing open while we pulled it with our truck.

Last edited:

pegmikef

We bought a 2011 Trail Runner last year and this happened to us too! My husband had to pull the player out and he discovered it wasn't correctly hooked up inside...this wasn't done properly at the factory and I even called the factory directly to complain about their lack of quality control. I told them about this and the fact that the microwave wasn't even plugged in nor was the outside water tank valve turned on underneath the stove so we could get fresh water when a freeze in Houston prompted the r.v. Park to turn off the water. We just traded our 2011 for a 2012 larger north country (TRE) and we are going to check this all out. Also, discovered the antenna that goes on the radio was never screwed on top and found it laying on top of the slide out...gee, you would think the factory quality control would
check all these types of things out before they ship the units to dealers ( with the exception of the antenna..I see that as a dealer make ready issue).

Also our door had a problem and we couldn't lock the deadbolt..it was a warranty issue and they had to cut out the door and re-install it so we could lock the doors deadbolt so it wouldn't swing open while we pulled it with our truck.

IMHO most of these issues should have been corrected by the dealer before they even let you in the trailer and for sure should have been caught during the walk thru. I guess I have been really lucky with dealers because with two heartland trailers in a little over a year, I have only had really minor issues which were easily correctable by me.