New pics of our 2011 Cyclone 3010 HD--With full garage!

rustyshakelford

I finally got around to taking a couple pics of the cyclone. It is still dirty, but the garage is spic and span and the rhino is finally clean. We took it mudding last weekend and were up to the door in nasty mud!

We love the trailer so far, even with a couple hiccups here and there and are looking forward to our first ever Heartland Rally in mid April.

Brett

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Brett, that's a great looking rig and we can't wait to see it in person.

rustyshakelford

Looking good Brett. What did you decide with the garage floor?

I used the left over water from washing the rhino and scrubbed the floor after blowing the garage out. Then mopped it clean. The door is slicker than snot though! I ended up washing the door off with the water hose. Turned out pretty clean!

Can't beat getting paid to clean the goodies on duty in 80 degree weather!

Brett

porthole

Retired
I will hose the door down, don't have to worry about standing water with that.

Up here, doing something like that, even on a Sunday would be grounds for dismissal.

rustyshakelford

I will hose the door down, don't have to worry about standing water with that.

Up here, doing something like that, even on a Sunday would be grounds for dismissal.

Really? What do they expect you to do on the weekends? We usually stay busy mon-fri with pr's, training and classes but the weekends are our time. I'd rather work on personal projects that crawl into bed like a lot of the guys do!

Brett

blocker

Hey nice rig. Speaking of getting your garage muddy, here's something we do that seems to work pretty well. I bought an 8'x10' tarp and before we load the muddy ranger in the garage to come home, I lay the tarp out and load the ranger on top of it, that way you only have to clean the ramp.

rustyshakelford

Hey nice rig. Speaking of getting your garage muddy, here's something we do that seems to work pretty well. I bought an 8'x10' tarp and before we load the muddy ranger in the garage to come home, I lay the tarp out and load the ranger on top of it, that way you only have to clean the ramp.

That's a good idea! I'd much rather clean the ramp instead of the whole garage. Does your ramp get extremely slick when wet?

Brett

blocker

Yes the ramp is pretty slick when its wet. It seems like most of the time when we get ready to load up, the mud is already dry, so it's just a matter of sweeping off the dry dirt instead of having to spray it off with a water hose.

Todd

Thanks for the awesome pics! I have a virtually identical 3010HD on order and Black 2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD, so really enjoy imagining what my combined rig will look like through viewing your pictures. One question: How does your truck manage the weight of the trailer? The pin weight is pretty close to limits dry. I'd love to be buying a toy hauler that weighs about 9K lbs. with <2K on the pin, but there are none of the quality I'm seeking that get there. Seems like everyone is going for the 40' ones and the 3010 feels monstrous to me. Let me know your hauling experience so far.

Thanks! Jeff

Cyclone 3010 (On order)
2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2009 Harley Davidson Road Glide
2008 Triumph Scrambler
1975 BMW R75/6

rustyshakelford

Thanks for the awesome pics! I have a virtually identical 3010HD on order and Black 2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD, so really enjoy imagining what my combined rig will look like through viewing your pictures. One question: How does your truck manage the weight of the trailer? The pin weight is pretty close to limits dry. I'd love to be buying a toy hauler that weighs about 9K lbs. with <2K on the pin, but there are none of the quality I'm seeking that get there. Seems like everyone is going for the 40' ones and the 3010 feels monstrous to me. Let me know your hauling experience so far.

Thanks! Jeff

Cyclone 3010 (On order)
2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2009 Harley Davidson Road Glide
2008 Triumph Scrambler
1975 BMW R75/6

We love it so far. Probably have towed about 3000 miles so far and the chevy has been great. I get between 10-11 mpg running at 65. When we are on the road, the water tank is full, the rhino is in the garage and we have 48 gallons of fuel. I havent been across the scales but I would venture to guess im over 15k. We did upgrade to G614 tires and have suffered no ill effects. Some words of advice would be to adjust the brakes. I have my integrated brake contorller set on 9 and it stops like its supposed to. The truck does squat but it could be corrected with airbags. Your 2011 will have the exhaust brake and you will love that.

Once the new Cummins HO come out in june, I will be looking to trade the chevy in on a new dually so the pin weight wont be a problem. The 3010 is a great floor plan also and a 36' length is a breeze to drag around. If you havent bought a hitch yet, check out the B&W turnover ball and companion!

Good luck and I hope it comes in soon!

brett

Thanks for the feedback Brett. I'll post pictures when mine shows up. I am going to consider adding helper springs if the truck squats but will wait to see. I've had airbags previously and don't like to deal with the constant readjustment of the pressure (and don't want to spring for the onboard compressor). Take care and safe travels.

Jeff

Wmnmy

Nice rig Brett , enjoy it we love ours we take it out every chance we can here in Vegas lots of nice places to go if u get out this way look us up ... Will/Mary