HD or not?

timbuktu

For several months, the wife and I have been researching TH's and we have decided on a Cyclone. However, we've noticed some differences between early 2011 models and later 2011 models when comparing the Full Throttle and HD editions. It seems in the earlier '11 models, the difference between FT and HD were the vessel bowl sink, nicer wood trim on interior of slide outs, the counter tops with the white pin stripe on the edge, and of course the exterior color. In the late '11 models it appears the nicer wood trim on the slide outs is the same for both HD and FT editions and now both editions have a lighter counter top with no pin stripe. Just curious if the only difference between FT and HD is only the exterior color and the vessel sink? I really like the exterior gray color of the HD edition, but not sure if I can justify the extra $3,000+ cost for the cooler exterior look. Are there any other differences I'm not aware of between the HD and FT editions? Thanks!

rustyshakelford

For several months, the wife and I have been researching TH's and we have decided on a Cyclone. However, we've noticed some differences between early 2011 models and later 2011 models when comparing the Full Throttle and HD editions. It seems in the earlier '11 models, the difference between FT and HD were the vessel bowl sink, nicer wood trim on interior of slide outs, the counter tops with the white pin stripe on the edge, and of course the exterior color. In the late '11 models it appears the nicer wood trim on the slide outs is the same for both HD and FT editions and now both editions have a lighter counter top with no pin stripe. Just curious if the only difference between FT and HD is only the exterior color and the vessel sink? I really like the exterior gray color of the HD edition, but not sure if I can justify the extra $3,000+ cost for the cooler exterior look. Are there any other differences I'm not aware of between the HD and FT editions? Thanks!

ill see if i can remember all the differences. for us, the exterior color was worth the extra money. the HD's also come with extended rain gutters, vessel bowl, option for the two tone cabinetry and im sure there are a couple more perks to it. I have posted some pics of our HD and we love it and get compliments on it all the time.

shop around also for a dealer that will work with you. I dont remember how much it was exactly but we didnt pay msrp for the HD option...

brett

Mike Aplin

You are correct that the fascia trim and the counter tops are the same in both HD and non HD currently. As far as the retail price it is $1,943 full retail price not $3,000 for an HD Edition. The majority of the increase in price for the HD is the outside sidewall in the gray. It costs more money to produce than the standard white hi gloss. I think that is another reason why you don't see other mfg's. offering the Gray exterior. Take care, Mike

gpshemi

That or they just don't like the grey color. Frankly I'm not a fan of it. I'd prefer white.
Although, I'd love to have a burgundy / silver rig or blue / silver rig...basically some other custom painted deal like a MH.
They look so rich.