ATF: North Trail - Wrong/defective seal on storage compartment door

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Ok never mind, it got fixed by our wonderful dealer.

EDIT: Next day....
And now the bottom of the slide by the bed is dripping water in..and the slide hasn't even been out..so back to the dealer today. Do they all leak like this or did we buy a lemon! Two leaks on a brand new trailer in less than a week. Oh boy!

Last edited:

APT

Can you please expand on what your leaking problem was? Was is the seal around the door?

I have a leak in my front storage compartment too. I have not done any testing to diagnose it. While I have another 2.5 months of warranty, I'd rather take care of it myself.

I have not slide leak, in or out.

Marge

Can you please expand on what your leaking problem was? Was is the seal around the door?

I have a leak in my front storage compartment too. I have not done any testing to diagnose it. While I have another 2.5 months of warranty, I'd rather take care of it myself.

I have not slide leak, in or out.
The black rubber seal around the cargo compartment door, was all smashed up, all you have to do is look at it and you can tell. We saw another North Trail at the Dealers that didn't even have a seal. The black rubber seal should be on both sides of the opening, you can see it is not and it is all buckled in places, it wasn't even the correct seal to begin with.
NT3.jpg

NT2.jpg

NT1.jpg

APT

Thanks! I'll take a closer look at mine. I don't remember mine having any buckles, but maybe the wrong one? Can you please take a couple now, with the correct and correctly installed seals?

Aaron

Marge

Thanks! I'll take a closer look at mine. I don't remember mine having any buckles, but maybe the wrong one? Can you please take a couple now, with the correct and correctly installed seals?

Aaron
Yeah if I can remember when we get it home, we have had it 16 days and 10 of those days it has been in the shop for leaks. The Dealer is fantastic and we really like and trust the service man, but the trailer is not impressing us much at all. Something brand new, never been used and all we do is tow it 6 miles back and forth to the dealer. They have a part coming from the factory now to be retro-fitted someplace on the bottom of the slide.