Latches for Dinette Drawers

Jett

I think it would be worthwhile for the factory to install something to keep the dinette drawers from opening on their own while traveling. Mine open every time I tow more than a few feet. It's a simple fix -- some drawer latches.

We love the large u-shaped dinette -- it's one of the reasons we decided to buy the Cyclone. The exceptionally large drawers also provide a lot of storage -- if I can just keep them closed.

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Jett I was having the same problem. I placed a Bungee cord through the handles and that supplied just enough pressure on the locks and they haven't come open since! "KNOCK ON WOOD!

Ron

Dirt1st

Dinette drawer fastener

I had the same problem, and solved it by getting some wide velco tape, the sew on kind, not the sticky back stuff. I stapled a two or 3 inch long piece of the "soft, fuzzy" side to the top of the drawer under the cushion. I then stapled a piece of the "hook" side (about 6 inches long) to the wood under the seat so that it will reach over and attach to the "soft, fuzzy" piece attached to the drawer. You will probably want to leave the "hook" side long enough so that it will reach a little past the "soft, fuzzy" side so you will be able to grab a hold of it to peal it back - I didn't , and it is difficult to get a good grip on the hook side because it latces on to the "sot, fuzzy" side so tightly. But the drawers don't come open any more. I used about one foot of the black velcro.

Sol

Our unit came with latches. Unfortunately, one was broken and the other broke shortly thereafter. The plastic latches weren't sturdy/beefy enough for the intended application/use. The receiver side of the latch failed in our case. Additionally, the leatherette material is bulky where it is stapled to the inner sides, which contributed to latch failure. We are in the process of figuring out a proper fix for the problem. The velcro fix has merit, but a beefier/sturdier latch would be the ideal.