PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IL, Chatham - 8/4/2011 to 8/7/2011

katkens
04-05-2011, 10:21 AM
9683 Palm RD., Chatham, IL 62629
Venue:

------------------------------

Double J Campground
9683 Palm RD.
Chatham, IL 62629
Larry Fons 888-483-9998
www.doublejcampground.com (http://www.doublejcampground.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:
Details:

Number of sites held: 20
Site fee: $33.00 per night.
Club Member Event fee: none
Non-Club Member fee: non-club members $10 per person
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 8/6/2011
Potluck time: 5:00 pm

Event Leader: katkens(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1005)
Additional Info:
Double J Campground is now under new management. They will honor the $33.00 site fee for those wishing to arrive early.

Rally T-shirts will be available this year , ordering info forth coming.

Site reservations need to be confirmed by July 1
If contacting CG by e-mail use this lpfons@aol.com instead of one listed on CG web site.

Please let me know that reservations have been made and when placing reservations tell them you are with the Heartland Rally. We will be in rows P & N , all full hook ups , pull thru and 30-50 amp.

Additional info will be forth coming.......come one come all lets rally!

Attendees:....................................... Reservations ( R )............Tentative ( T )

katkens................Ken & Kathy............................... ( R )
jnphobe................Jon & Patti.................................( R )
cookie..................Dave & Mary..............................( R )
Mikemm62.............Mike & Suzanne..........................( R )
cemill...................CE & Jackie................................( R )
netem..................Neil & Sharon..............................( R )
Ernhrt398.............Bill & Barb...................................( R )
traveller44............Tom & Mary................................( R )
cdaniels................Jan & Cathy...............................( R )
ALF......................Paul & Sue.................................( R )

katkens
04-09-2011, 11:58 AM
CE & Jackie Miller has volunteered to do Rally T-shirts. We need to know by July 1 how many would want to order shirts and sizes. There will be womens & mens sizes ,they will have the Heartland Logo with Illinois Chapter incorporated in the bottom of logo. We think the price will be around $ 15 depending on the number of shirts ordered. You can post on this thread or contact katkens or cemill (CE) with your info.......thanks Kenny

cookie
04-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Ok, it's official put an R next to our name. The reservation is in.

Peace
Dave

kkamshop
04-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Sorry Kenny & Kathy, we already have plans for this weekend - darn it~~

We'll see you all in Goshen though!

katkens-DW
04-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Well you will be missed!! We will see you in Goshen for sure!!

jnbhobe
04-09-2011, 08:50 PM
We got our reservation in too.

bacaye
04-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Kenny...put us down....Put ernhrt398.....Bill and Barb Maybe you better look up Bill Liming to see if I have ernhrt spelled the way he does...LOL Going to contact CG tomorrow...Barb...Will order 2 shirts when we can...

cdaniels
04-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Woo Hoo!!
Got the time off of work so we will be seeing y'all at the Rally. Course we have to call and make our reservations first. And I do believe we would be interested in T-shirts too.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone again and are very excited about going to our first National Rally.

Jan and Cathy Daniels

katkens
04-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Woo Hoo!!
Got the time off of work so we will be seeing y'all at the Rally. Course we have to call and make our reservations first. And I do believe we would be interested in T-shirts too.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone again and are very excited about going to our first National Rally.

Jan and Cathy Daniels

Glad you get to come , looking forward to a great time. I just have one request ,please don't let Kathy look at your trailer again, I can't afford a new one.:)

katkens-DW
04-23-2011, 07:13 PM
That's great !!! we will see you in Goshen..

cemill
04-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Ken;
Put Jackie and I on the list. Will register today , we will arrive on the 3rd.

CE

katkens
04-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Ken;
Put Jackie and I on the list. Will register today , we will arrive on the 3rd.

CE

Thanks CE......Will be a bunch of us there early , lots of mini vacations.

traveler44
06-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Ken and Kathy:
Plan on us. We had a lot of fun at Goshen and will try to remember to make res. Monday. Tom and Mary

ALF
06-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Well, we have our t-shirts ordered; so I guess the Illinois Rally is on for us. We will be calling to make our reservations today.

Just hope that Sue can get off of work and we will both be there.

Paul

katkens-DW
06-26-2011, 06:26 PM
I hope she can too!! It was sure great meeting you and Sue at the Rally last week I think it went to fast. See you both in Aug hopefully!!!

katkens
06-30-2011, 05:14 PM
I just want to let folks know that all the folks coming in from the south on I-55 needs to use exit 88 to get to the campground. The road is closed on the exit 83 end and looks like for quite awhile some major construction going on , new overpass etc........Ken

kkamshop
07-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Sure wish we could make this one, I would love to see everyone again!

How's the knee, Kathy? I'm doing great, going to switch from the walker to the cane soon. I will probably go back to work mid-August.

Netem
07-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Ken and Kathy, you guys will be missed.

katkens-DW
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM
We will miss you guys too.. The knee is coming along still painful but I did get in and out of the trailer and yesterday I went up and down the basement stairs so that is good I have been on a cane now for about a week. Start therapy Tuesday so I am sure that will hurt!!

kkamshop
07-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Good luck with the PT Kathy! I'm not supposed to do stairs for a couple more weeks, but I think I could now. Our laundry is in the basement so Ken gets to do the laundry every weekend ;)

He makes a great housewife!!

Hi Neil and Sharon! Have a great rally!

We ordered the tshirts even though we can't come. I think Jackie is mailing them to us.

jnbhobe
07-25-2011, 01:45 PM
You should try it Kathy, Patti should be able to care for the two of ya.

katkens-DW
07-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Poor Patti I am bringing my grand daughter to help all I have to do is let her swim a couple hours a day...

kkamshop
07-25-2011, 07:08 PM
You should try it Kathy, Patti should be able to care for the two of ya.

Thanks for the offer Jon, I'm sure Patti could keep us both in line. ;)

We already had booked this weekend for another rally before the IL HOC rally was scheduled. :( So we will miss you all...

cookie
07-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Kathy, in Goshen Ken and your grandson came to call for me, but I couldn't go out to play. Now I am bummed that he will not be in Chatham with his RC car.
Tell him I know I can break it if he just gives me one more chance.
Take care of your new hip.

Peace
Dave

cemill
07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Kathy;
About one week to go. We will sit you in the shade with a big cool drink.
And pray for a cool breeze.
See you Wed.

katkens-DW
07-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Sounds good to me CE I will put a FAN on me if I have to HAhaha!!!

kkamshop
07-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Kathy, in Goshen Ken and your grandson came to call for me, but I couldn't go out to play. Now I am bummed that he will not be in Chatham with his RC car.
Tell him I know I can break it if he just gives me one more chance.
Take care of your new hip.

Peace
Dave

LOL Dave! That car is like the Energizer bunny, it keeps going and going!! Just needs a charge now and then. We'll catch you and Mary the next time.

dbylinski
07-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Wishing you guys a great time at your rally. Wish we could find a way to head west again but we can't so soon. Enjoy and travel safely!

jnbhobe
07-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Ok we are here!!! at Double J. Got in around 9:15 PM local time. Was a long day for sure we left Fredericksburg, Va. at 7 am. http://maps.google.com/ Only 820 miles.

katkens-DW
07-31-2011, 11:11 PM
We will be there in the morning I told Kenny we should of left today!! Oh well we will see you guys tomorrow!!

jnbhobe
07-31-2011, 11:14 PM
We will be there in the morning I told Kenny we should of left today!! Oh well we will see you guys tomorrow!!

We'll be here waiting. LOL

bacaye
07-31-2011, 11:31 PM
Kathy, If our spot is open we will probably be there Tues. Bill is suppose to get his test results tomorrow...my daughter is coming for the day...and I need some time to finish putting things in the camper. Almost ready to go. I hope somone is going to bring cool weather with them!!!! lol Barb

cookie
08-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Where is everybody??? Jon, Patti, Mary and I are patiently waiting.
Barb, I ordered some cool weather but it is on back order. Don't know when it will arrive.

Peace
Dave

elwaller39
08-01-2011, 08:37 AM
All you people have a good time and keep cool. We will be heading to the Iowa State Fair grounds tomorrow.

Netem
08-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey Jon and Cookie, we will be there wed. Sounds like we might be bringing rain with us :>( It is supposed to cool things down though so I guess its not all bad. You guys keep Kenny out of trouble till I get there :)

wfwilson
08-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Hope You all have a great time this weekend. We will be thinking of you and wishing we could be there.
Wayne and Gayle

dbylinski
08-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Here's hoping you guys have a great time at your rally! Hey if your sitting around a fire with Cookie, somebody yell "socks"!

jnbhobe
08-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Here's hoping you guys have a great time at your rally! Hey if your sitting around a fire with Cookie, somebody yell "socks"!

It didn't work Deb I tried it earlier in the week.

cookie
08-05-2011, 10:12 PM
You guys are killin me..........it's kinda stuffy in here.......I need oxygen.

Peace
Dave

cdaniels
08-07-2011, 09:40 PM
We made it home safe and sound.
A big thank you to Ken and Kathy for a great rally !!!
Good times, Great friends and Wonderful food !!!

Jan and Cathy

cookie
08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Thank you Ken and Kathy for all the work you do.
It was a great rally and we had a lot of fun.
I hope Dallas enjoyed herself.

Peace
Dave

Netem
08-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Another great Il Rally. Kenny and Kathy you did a great job as usual. Good to see old friends and make a few new ones. I don't think anyone left hungry. :)

katkens-DW
08-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I would like to thank everyone who came to the rally It was alot of fun. Dallis did have fun Dave I think Bill kept her laughing. I would like to thank Patti once again for all her help and all the ladies. Dave thanks for the shots I think they helped more then the pain pills!!! I hope everyone got home safe and sound and we will see everyone next year god willing!!!Thanks again Kathy

ALF
08-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Thank you to Ken and Kathy for a great time at the IL rally. We are so glad we came. It sure was nice meeting new friends.
For some reason??? Paul seems to want to eat every 2 hours now. Go figure! Thank you to everyone that providing us with all the good eats! Paul also wants to keep up with John and Kenny.....fell off step stool today---good thing it was only 3 feet high.
Till the next rally!

bacaye
08-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Kenny and Kathy, Thank you so much for a wonderful rally!!! We enjoyed Dallas being with you too. I know Bill appreciated all the help he received from everyone. I can report he has used his new grill three days in a row!!! Knock on wood...the frig is still cool!!! We have been here since Monday and no new problems!!! I loved all the neat food ideas and taking a lot of them camping over Labor Day!!! I can't say enough about everyone that attended the rally. We love all of you and hope everyone has safe journeys to come. Kathy, I will have to help Bill find this site but he said he has accepted the request!!!

Ernhrt398
08-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Ken, Kathy, and Houston, Thanks for the great time and all the laughs we had at the rally. The food was super, didn't know there were so many great cooks. I want to thank all the guys for their help I received, it was greatly appreciated. Now if I could only get Jon to follow me around to back this thing up..lol
Hope to see everyone again soon......

jnbhobe
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Ken & Kathy; Thanks for the great rally,Patti and I had a good time as usual. I don't need to eat for a while either!! It sure was great to see all our old friends. Hope to see everyone again soon.

cookie
08-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Ken, Kathy, and Houston, Thanks for the great time and all the laughs we had at the rally. The food was super, didn't know there were so many great cooks. I want to thank all the guys for their help I received, it was greatly appreciated. Now if I could only get Jon to follow me around to back this thing up..lol
Hope to see everyone again soon......
Bill, I saw the pics of your driveway. And your BC was in it. If you can get it backed in there you can back it in anywhere.
Sorry we never got around to installing your light.

Peace
Dave

katkens
08-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks everyone for making this a great rally and all the help with crip Kathy. It was super to see old freinds and meet the newer ones again ,wish we all lived closer together. I probably would have gained more weight but Bill always got in line for seconds in the food line before me ,thanks to all the great cooks. Ooooops, thanks CE & Jackie for taking the rally pictures and handleing the tee-shirts they were great........Thanks to all.....Ken & Kathy

bacaye
08-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Happy Birthday to Dave and Keith!!! I hope you each had a great day!!

kkamshop
08-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks to Jackie we got our t-shirts in the mail yesterday, nice job!! We are happy to be included in this group even if we are from "across the border" :B

katkens-DW
08-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Jackie and Ce did a great job on the T-shirts . We are glad you are part of our group! Hay how's that new hip coming along are chaseing Ken around the campfire yet!!LOL!!

kkamshop
08-16-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm doing real well with the new hip. I go to the therapist Friday for a final signoff. I still use the cane because it starts to hurt if I go without it, but I started back to work this week - four hours at a time.

They are eager for me to come back to work because one of our full time ladies is quitting Friday and another full timer just fell and will be off 8 weeks!!

Now how are you doing?

katkens-DW
08-16-2011, 01:20 PM
I am doing OK I really hurt it at the rally going up and down the stairs of the trailer but the rally was fun. My Pt told me it set me back a bit but it will get better. I think knees take longer at least for me it does. I am glad you are doing so well next year we will have a banner to hold up as we walk around the camp ground Yea we can walk again..LOL!!!