Older posts/threads suggestion

kkamshop

We have noticed that often a new post will be added to an older post. I think it would be helpful if a "notice" could come up when you are viewing a older post.

Older posts may contain outdated information, but if you don't notice the date on the original post, it would be easy to believe that it was posted recently.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I agree.. I have made the suggestion that a thread over a year old should be closed and a note posted to the bottom by the moderator closing the thread, suggesting the reader start a new thread concerning his/her interest.

BC

porthole

Retired
Don't know if this helps any, but if you have previously viewed the post and then open it again there is a "view first unread" button at the top of thread (next to "thread tools")

Last edited by a moderator:

kkamshop

Thanks for that info porthole, I was not aware of that feature.

My real concern is that new viewers who are either having a problem or checking to see what problems Heartland may be having in general would be viewing threads that no longer are valid.

Maybe as Bob suggested, older threads could be archived - still available to view but with the caveat that content is dated.

porthole

Retired
I figured that was what you were looking for, just threw it out in case you were not aware. Of all the forums I viist this is the only one with that button.

SilverRhino

I have experienced this problem, but have found a couple other forums where it is a even more of a problem. The HL forum does have the date listed when the post was originally posted, some don't even have this.

There have been a couple of posts that I got excited to read and forgot to check the date.....but I have learned to do that first. This has worked well for me.