Experience with wholesalers

Do any of you MPG owners have experience buying from a national online wholesale company? There is no MPG retailer near me, so I haven't actually seen one in person. I found a wholesaler with a very reasonable price, but I don't know if it's really safe to buy this way. I don't know if it's o.k. to actually mention the name of the company or not in this forum.
Traveling Teacher

charlie51

I drove 12 hours to get my Sundance a couple of years ago. I had a dealer nearby but he didn't have the floorplan we wanted. We went and looked at a different floorplan in the same line of trailers at that dealer to get an idea at what kind of workmanship I could expect. I went from Alabama to Virginia to get mine after I found it on the internet. I could have gotten it at Camping World about 2 hours away, but the place I purchased from beat their price by about $3500. I tried to negotiate with Camping World but was told by the sales manager that they couldn't get close to that price because that would be less than what they paid for it. I got a few more options on mine as well. It was well worth the drive and we made a vacation out of it by coming back to Gatlinburg, TN and staying a few nights on the way back.

ihsolutions

Many of us have had good experiences with wholesalers. I don't think there's any rules that prevent you from naming the company here. Do a search also and you will find many similar posts with good info.

patsak

We searched online and decided to go with a Wholesaler in VA. After getting their prices, I took it to our local dealers to see if they would match it. No one could come close. We decided to take a vacation and pick up the trailer personally and were very impressed with the facility.

brains77396

I just bought a new T/T last month. My local dealer sold it to us for $500 less than a wholesaler in Ohio and I did not have to drive 1,000 miles to pick it up. Go to Heartlands web site and look for dealers. Type in your zip code and it will tell you your nearest dealer. Service AFTER the sale also has to given considerable thought. My 186 (183) used twice is still at my new dealer. Send me a private e-mail and I'll send you the info. We are located in the Houston TX area.

mcota

Bought from a "local" dealer (three hour drive - the closest we could find). We had some major issues and were glad that we didn't have to return the unit even further to have repairs done. Considering the cost of gas and time traveling, the cost difference would have to be huge to buy from someone even further away. That doesn't even take into account customer service (ours was great) and supporting local businesses.

brains77396

We bought from a local dealer. Cheaper to buy in Ohio, however, when the freight bill was deleted, my local dealer was a little cheaper. Going to Ohio from Texas would have been cheaper to purchase, but I still would have had to pay the freight bill, only in this case, I was also the shipper. My local dealer would have fixed any problems I may have had (several), but since I did not buy from him, there is a good chance it would have been parked out back and them get to it whenever they decided I had been punished enough for buying somewhere else. The futher one lives from the plant, the higher the shipping costs and most dealers won't or can't absorbe that cost. We liked the Edge, but not enough to pay $8,500 more for it than what we purchased. Both have the same MSRP, within a few $'s. The difference being dealer discount ($4.5K)and allowence for trade-in ($4K).