Dissapointed...

hankaye

Howdy all;

Went by my local dealer yesterday... seems that there have been some mid year "changes".
They did put the slam-shuts on the XLT's. (That's good!)
ADDED a Wardrobe SLIDE to the bedroom (curbside)...Really??? why not offer that as an option? :(
New graphic for the nose... reminded me of a late 70's Firebird hood.....gawdy :(
Pull handles which i thought would be INSIDE the UDC...weren't. Still have to kneel down and bang knuckles on siding.... :( :( :(
For some strange reason I was under the impression that the plumming drains had migrated up inside the cloroplast and just the part where ya hook up the hose was exposed to the road debris and other things that might crack/bust it. How many heat tapes do I need to run in the winter???(waterhose, plumming drains ? the electric bills continue to rise!). :(:(:(:(:(

I am now reconsidering my choise...:(

hank

hankaye

Howdy All;

I got zero replies here. Didn't really expect any as I was 'venting'.

Now it is time to say see ya on the road somewhere sometime. Went with another brand of fifthwheel.

The pull handles for the Black and forward Gray Tanks are under the fiver and so is the one for the rear kitchen. Difference is this, plummbing for the front 2 tanks is inside the coloriplast until it comes out for the drain and the kitchen drain only has 4-6 feet exposed with it's pull handel next to drain connection. Yep, I full-time. That means only 2 heat tapes to plug in next winter (fresh water and Kitchen drain to main drainthru to hole in ground. The radius fron the exterior sides is connected to the frame thereby saving my knuckles from getting banged by the edge of the radius as it would have happened on the Sundance.

It was an informative time that I spent here. This IS a very good forum.
Thank you all for your hospitality and willingness to answer questions.

Happy Camping.

hankaye

Bighurt

Congrats on SOB trailer. We'll be hear when you come back.

Heartland has always put their high end RV's first, it's what they did first and it's what they do best, IMO. Many of the niceties in the high end models have made their way into the little ones/lower budget models. However not everything can follow suit they have to cut the budget somewhere. I'm very happy with our Sundance and I'm concentrating on modding things I don't like. In a lot of ways I'm making mine better than Heartland made it, at least that is how I see it.

Best of luck and Happy trails.

jbeletti

hank,

Thank you for following up with us here on your choice. While we're sorry we didn't win your business this time around, we're pleased that you found a unit that's a best fit for you. The best fit is the one that will make you happier and that's the most important thing. Happy camping.

Jim Beletti

J

Jim_Hickey

Hank,
We sure are sorry we could not earn your business this time around, but thank you for giving us that opportunity. Heartland RVs prides ourself in listening to the consumer and dealers to hear what is important to you and then adapt accordingly. While we can't guarantee that we will make every change that we hear about, we can guarantee that we won't take your comments lightly and will review these items which were important to you. We truly do appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another opportunity when you are in the market again for another replacement unit.

Happy Camping!

Jim Hickey

heed71

I can relate to Hank's issues. Mid year changes are not popular with consumers. It's like looking at car in a brochure and saying order me the red one and then getting a green one because they ran out of red paint. That happened to me on the decor trim in the interior.

Also an "oh yeah" on the pull handles. I have spent the last month searching for the rear galley pull handle only to finally find it camoflaged into the actual I beam itself. I am thinking a computer must have designed this because no human would lack the sense to put the handle in such an awkward place

Rob

hankaye

heed71, Howdy;

I can relate to Hank's issues. Mid year changes are not popular with consumers. It's like looking at car in a brochure and saying order me the red one and then getting a green one because they ran out of red paint. That happened to me on the decor trim in the interior.

Also an "oh yeah" on the pull handles. I have spent the last month searching for the rear galley pull handle only to finally find it camoflaged into the actual I beam itself. I am thinking a computer must have designed this because no human would lack the sense to put the handle in such an awkward place Rob

I have to laugh......... ok, you haven't done much mechanic'in' on stuff. Engineers design some of the most skeewhompus things I've ever ran across. I've had to remove things 5X's the size and weight of what was broke to just reach a screw!

If it were up to me.. the engineers would have to take it apart to replace things just to "see" what we had to deal with on a daily basis. chuckle...chuckle...chuckle;)

hankaye

Kirkmg23

just bought my first and brought it home tonight ..never camped in my life and it is time to enjoy.. 2011 Sundance XLT 5er (is that how you say it.) So far very nice and happy, but the first thing is the A/C i read about all the mods and now i see why..i hope a few fans will help..

Oh and by the way i pulled it home with my 2007 Nissan Titan, Crew cab 4x4, 6"lift..pulled like a dream..but the hitch broke the bank. hope to see all of you soon. i have been reading on this form for the last month and a big reason i bought what i did.. :):):):):):cool:

jcarnevale

just bought my first and brought it home tonight ..never camped in my life and it is time to enjoy.. 2011 Sundance XLT 5er (is that how you say it.) So far very nice and happy, but the first thing is the A/C i read about all the mods and now i see why..i hope a few fans will help..

Oh and by the way i pulled it home with my 2007 Nissan Titan, Crew cab 4x4, 6"lift..pulled like a dream..but the hitch broke the bank. hope to see all of you soon. i have been reading on this form for the last month and a big reason i bought what i did.. :):):):):):cool:

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum. There's nothing like your first camper. We've had ours for over a year now and still very happy with it. There are a lot of manufacturers out there and we still think Heartland is the best deal in the mid-profile market.