Simple Question I Never Considered

floridarandy

Is the wheel the spare tire is mounted on the same as the wheels on the rig? I'm away from the rig at the moment and never thought to look.

Thanks in advance.

Randy

branson4020

Icantre Member
My rig has alloy wheels rated for 110 psi but the tires are e-range 80psi. My spare is a steel wheel rated for 80 psi.

floridarandy

ha...that's what i was afraid of. my plan is to re-tire with Goodyear G614's using the 110 psi wheels....but steel wheel rules out a 110psi spare without having to invest in a new wheel....mmmm....wonder what the chances of finding a 2009 Sundance 2900MK alloy wheel are?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
ha...that's what i was afraid of. my plan is to re-tire with Goodyear G614's using the 110 psi wheels....but steel wheel rules out a 110psi spare without having to invest in a new wheel....mmmm....wonder what the chances of finding a 2009 Sundance 2900MK alloy wheel are?

There's lots of them. You just have to be quick, quiet, and carry a big jack!:angel:

jnbhobe

If you order G rated tires from the factory as an option you will get a G-rated spare

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine came with a 110 psi steel wheel for the spare. The ones on the road tires are aluminum.