Landmark Spoted

mike

Mike
When I left for work this morning there was a Landmark at Lakeside R.V. park in Livingston, La. just off I-12..

jbeletti

Landmark spotted in Florida on I-75 north of Orlando

On Saturday, March 17, 2007 around 3pm, we spotted a Landmark being towed by a white Chevy/GMC dually heading north on I-75 between Orlando and Ocala.

Was it you?

Jim

jbeletti

Chuck,

We got home (Chicago) last night. We were in Florida to visit the BK Cypress log home mill in Bronson - a couple hours north of Orlando. We did stay downtown Orlando though - about an hour north of you.

I would have loved to have brought the trailer down but woe is me - I am not retired. Still puttin' in time for the man.

I think we missed some crappy weather in Chicago while we were gone so that's good. Maybe the worst of winter is now behind us.

Sorry that I planned so poorly. We could have gotten together for dinner. Next winter perhaps :)

Jim

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim,

Are you going to put a log home on that property in TN that you looked at last year? Are you coming back down with the camper this spring or summer?
Phil

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

HI Jim
Picked up the trailer on Monday morning, all went well getting home until Corbin Ky. The truck started acting up. Have to have it taken to my mechanic tomorrow. No power, it took 3 hours to get from Corbin to my home, about 75 miles. The hills or should I say the mountains were a killer. Let me know where to post the info on the repairs. I think they did a decent job.

jbeletti

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about your truck. Happy to hear you have your Landmark back. Once you give it a good going over, go ahead and post your review in a new thread in the Heartland General forum. I should probably add a sub-forum for user reviews/experiences with service departments/centers.

Phil,

Yes, that is the plan - build a log home on the TN property (or some other TN property) in 5 years (or less!) The land we bought is north of Sevierville, just east of Knoxville. Great location - not that great of a lot. We'll still look for a better building site.

Speaking of which, Nancy and I do want to take a trip to KY/TN/NC this summer. And we'll spend some time with a realtor in TN. We just haven't looked at the calendar to plan it yet. With Nancy not working yet and the prospects of no vacation time with a new company a likely scenario - our travel plans are fluid. The rally is a GO for sure (for me anyway).

Jim

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Jim, when you come down to TN again let me know. I will hook you up with a realtor that will spend all the time you need to find something you. He will look up a bunch for you to look at before you even get here. Give me a call or I will E-mail you his name and number. He is located in Dandridge.

jbeletti

Glenn,

That's John W - right? I still have his info. Thanks for the reminder. Last we chatted with him, he focused a bit far east for us but we may now be more interested in "the right" piece of land vs. the right spot. Thanks again for the reminder, I may call him soon.

Jim