Raising Bunks

SASK_TDI

I am a proud new owner of a Cyclone 3010 HD.

I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the bunks in the garage to raise a little higher.

I am pretty tall and already have knocked my head a few times. There are a few inches that can be gained by making the bottom bunk/couch get closer to the top bunk. Also some room if the top bunk can get higher.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Any help would be appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi SASK-TDI,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I cannot help you with your question, but someone will be in shortly to give their ideas.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Lynn1130

I need to adjust mine a little also and the the stop blocks are used to do this. There are two screws in each block that allow adjustment.

SASK_TDI

I need to adjust mine a little also and the the stop blocks are used to do this. There are two screws in each block that allow adjustment.

I believe you are right. I don't think mine has stop screws on each corner. I only had them on the drive corner. I backed the screws out and removed the upper limit switch and gained a few inches. i will make the change permanent by making new holes and mounting thing.

Lynn1130

Mine are 4 metal blocks that are about 1" square and are in the track itself. They are at the height that the top bunk stops when coming down. Each has two screws in it. Those can be removed and the block moved to the level that you wish to stop the top bunk.

hotonpi

Hi HarleyRyder - I was hoping to check out that manual, but the link doesn't work for me. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks!

rustyshakelford

I removed the top bunk in order to have more head room so my rhino would clear. I'm 5'10" and can walk under the supports with room to spare.

Brett

porthole

Retired
Brett, when you remove the top bunk does the bottom then go all the way up?
No intentions removing mine, I use it for storage and if someone stays with us I put the the top cushion on the lower bunks to even the bumps and openings up.
Although, in 3 seasons now we have only had kids stay with us twice

rustyshakelford

Brett, when you remove the top bunk does the bottom then go all the way up?
No intentions removing mine, I use it for storage and if someone stays with us I put the the top cushion on the lower bunks to even the bumps and openings up.
Although, in 3 seasons now we have only had kids stay with us twice

for ours it was kind of tricky. the problem was when you remove the bunks off the bracket, they bracket still hits the stops which causes there to be a ton of room on the top and the bottom still at the same height. What i did was remove the top brackets and move the lower bench to the higher holes. it is not perfect, but it works for us. if someone uses the bottom bunk to sleep, i would need to add some support because the support arms are a tad high now. we have yet to use the garage bunks for anything and i am considering removing them and keeping an air matress in the basement for people that sleep there

brett

porthole

Retired
Sounds like a really great idea - I have an excellent queen size air mattress I'll trade ya even up :D

Even throw in the linens and down duvet!