New to Heartland....

dragger

My wife and I are buying a 2009 Heartland Big Country 3490 BHS this coming weekend. It was owned by an elderly couple that used it only a few times. They gave the ok to desclose info to the new owners...us. My question is, is there anything I really need to know about this unit that would be diffrent than ony other brand? IE care, storage, ect.. Anything would be a great help... Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dragger, welcome to the forum and Heartland family. I don't think that the BC is any different than any other brand as far as care and storage. Just be sure to look everything over real good. Tires, springs, mechanicals and so forth.
Do a lot of reading here on the forum and you will get plenty of information related to Heartland products.
Be sure to check out the chapter rallys in your area. Also consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. There are some bennies.
Be sure to come back and let us know how the new rig is treating you.

Peace
Dave

caissiel

Attached is the 2009 Information that might be interesting for you.

Attachments

• 09_BC_Literature.pd.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 35

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congratulations!!! ditto what cookie said. Check out your local HOC chapter. They can be a huge source of information. Best of luck with your new coach.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Dragger, we also have a Big Country but not the same model as the one you are looking at. This is starting our 6th season and we haven't had any major problems other than general maintenance which you will have with any coach that is used. I would recommend checking every switch, buttons, pull every drawer, etc that you can. If you have any questions, just asked. You will have a bunch of folks try to answer or make suggestions that could help you. If you get it, enjoy and travel safely.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
dragger, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & son to our family. Browse around the forum and feel free to ask anything you think may be a concern. Keep in mind, forums are the #1 place owners of all types talk about issues and better yet get resolutions to problems. That said, don't be alarmed if you start reading about folks having problems. All brands have issues at one time or another and I can assure you there are many many happy Heartland owners here. Travel Safe.

dragger

My wife and picked up the rig last Saturday. I forgot to mention that we bought it sight unseen!!! I know,, risky. The BC was so beautiful!! Everything works like new. It tows like a dream with my new Ford f350 diesel. I can't thank all of you enough for the info. We are using it for the first time in about 3 weeks. I will update after we get back. Thank you all again!