Road Hazard Warranty Valuable...Read on....

Road Hazard Warranty on Tires

• Any tire damage I've had HAS been covered under Manufacturer's Warranty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

floridarandy

Road Hazard Warranty Valuable ??...Read on....

Goodyear, from what I've read, is good about paying for damage when tread separates. BUT...what about the nail that you pick up that's outside the "repairable" area. On cars and trucks I've owned I'm a believer in "road hazard" warranties...having many tires replaced at 100% when road damage...hitting curbs...running over metal in the road....nails outside the repairable area, etc. When you're paying $250-$350/tire a warranty that costs $30/tire seems cheap.

Road hazard ISN'T available when you buy tires over the internet. In fact, my commercial tire dealer doesn't offer em. The Goodyear factory store will, but tires are A LOT more expensive...than online...even before the warranty.

So here are tire issues I can imagine...as a new 5ver owner:

1. Tires trashed by stuff you pick up on the road but outside the "repairable" tread area (sidewall, etc)

2. Trailer tires sidewalls damaged...and not covered under warranty...by running them over curbs, another immovable objects while driving, backing, parking, etc.

WHO'S HAD AN EXPERIENCE WITH TIRE DAMAGE FROM ROAD HAZARD THAT WASNT' COVERED UNDER MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY?
There's a poll at the top of this post...if you made it this far...so VOTE.

Last edited: