Verizon put the screws to me.

Rmcgrath53

Hopefully some one can direct me to the right person with authority who can fix this.
In Sept of 2010 I got a job working in Ky. While I was back home my wife washed my phone and trashed it. I went back to Ky( stayed in my Sundance in 4 degree weather) without a phone so she went to a verizon store and the owner said she could get an upgrade off my internet line. She asked if doing that would lose our unlimited internet and he assured her that it would not , so she bought the phone. This was in Nov. We got our bills and they were the same amount as usual and we paid them. When I got done with the job at the end of Jan I checked our bills and noticed that our unlimited had been changed to 5 Gig. Well I have talked to 3 different customer sevice reps and all have said( to bad so sad, finders keepers losers weepers) we can not change it back because you went over 60 days and paid your bill. Every person has said if they could change it they would, but none has wanted to right a wrong because of policy and will not stick there neck out to help.
If anyone can help me I would appreciate it
Ron

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What did the owner of the Verizon store have to say about it? He is the one that assured your wife you would not loose your unlimited status.

Peace
Dave

Rmcgrath53

He says that the computer made a mistake and he cant do anything about Verizons computer system. We both went to the main store in Brighyton Mi. and they all told me It is what it is and they cant change it back.

3Gstore

You have to be extremely careful when dealing with "Special" plans and grandfathered contracts. Typically, anytime you make an adjustment and sign a new contract you'll lose your existing contract terms. The only way to prevent this is to buy something off contract and just do an ESN swap. If you've already changed the terms there probably isn't much you can do, but call Verizon and try and go up the ladder and see if anybody can reverse things for you.

hoefler

Dial 611 from your phone and start talking to a supervisor, and go up from there. I had a problem and had them look at how long I was a customer ( over 15 years ), and told them I don't have a problem changing service if I don't get back to what I had. They threatened reporting me to the credit bureau, I told them with my credit score, you will be just a pimple on my butt and will have no real effect. Needless to say I got my plan back that I signed up before they took over from Alltel.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Don't feel bad. ATT has told me on several occasions they have changed me from a grandfathered unlimited plan to a 5 gig plan. I have not even made any change. They tell me since my contract has expired I am on a month to month basis and at their mercy. They have even told me they can even change my unlimited Iphone plan if they want to. How do you fight the big corporate bullies? And I love their "the computer said" excuse. The computer does not say anything more than what the programmer tells it to say. AAAAAHHHHHHHH it makes you want to scream.