Level Up error message

We decided to take the Bighorn out from under the canopy, dewinterize and get ready for the upcoming season.
When I tried to activate the level-up system to attach the truck, I get an error message on the control display "bad calibration" press enter to confirm.
Pressing enter gets no results. unplugged all the cables from the brain in order to reset the unit. Still no results, with the same error message displayed.
Has anyone with the level-up system experienced this problem? If so , what was done to resolve the problem.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
CE, do any of the functions work? Can you raise or lower any of the pads? If so level the rig and then do a "zero reset".

ZERO SETTING THE CONTROL
1. Put unit in manual mode, see MANUAL OPERATION, HYDRAULIC above .
2. Level the unit using a reference level on a flat surface.
3. When unit is level, turn the touch panel “OFF.”
4. Push the “FRONT” button quickly 10 times, then the “REAR” button 10 times.
5. The panel will flash all the lights and beep.
6. To memorize the level condition, push the “RETRACT” button 3 times
7. The WAIT light will flash for approximately 20 seconds.
8. When the “WAIT” light goes out level is set.

9. Push “ON/OFF” button to shut the system off.

If all fail, call Ron McCoy. If you need his number lemme know.

Peace
Dave

I can't get any function to work. I talked to Bob, the fellow that desighned the system . He said it has a 120 day memory built into the unit.
Our unit has sat over 120 days since last fall. The "brain" has lost it's memory. It should reset by unplugging all the connections to it, but apparently this one
won't reset. He was supposed to call me back yesterday but has not done so yet.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
When we were at Lippert last month, our mechanic mentioned the the Level Up system MUST have a full 12 volts to operate properly. If you have a bad cell on the battery, or your converter output isn't up to snuff, you might not have the full 12 volts? Just another thing to check.