Front landing pad switch wired backwards

Bob Vaughn

The switch on the front of my Big Country 3250TS is wired backwards...when it says retract it extends and when you push extend it retracts....I looked inside the compartment thinking there would be 3 wires and I could switch 2 of the wires and it would work correctly but I was suprised to see 4 wires on the switch. does any one know how the switch is supposed to be wired?:(

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Has the battery been out lately? If the polarity is reversed that motor will run backward.

Peace
Dave

TedS

If the battery was reconnected in reverse, it has blown the converter fuses, too. Converters do not like reverse polarity.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bob, even easier than that would be to remove the switch from the plate and turn it 180*. It has 2 sqeeze retainers that hold it to the plate. JMHO

Bob Vaughn

Bob, even easier than that would be to remove the switch from the plate and turn it 180*. It has 2 sqeeze retainers that hold it to the plate. JMHO
Only thing wrong with this idea, and I thought of that is it is printed on the switch, retract, extend.....

TedS

Bob, go with your original plan to swap two wires at the switch. Looks like top and bottom switch connectors swaps + and -. Or swap center connections to reverse motor connections. Is the switch easier to get to than the motor?