Quick flooring and furniture question.

AK92CQ

We just got the new FW home yesterday, a Greystone 33QS, we are busy packing in all the gear and getting ready for our annual Easter Trip and spot cleaning all the places the dealer missed before we picked it up. I have a couple of questions to ask you guys because the dealer is closed this evening. The first is, when I pulled up the giant Beau Floor decal from the woodgrain vinyl flooring the adhesive decided to stay.What would be the best thing to get it up without damaging the vinyl? Second is as I was moving furniture around I noticed that one of the foot rests that go with the Euro recliner had a slit in the end about 2 inches long, not all the way through, but enough to be noticeable and to the point where it will be a problem later down the road. Opinion wise do you think Heartland would replace it being it is brand new and has never been used?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would try some mineral spirits in a non conspicuous place. I think it is safe to use on that floor but test it first.
Go to your dealer and have them replace the foot rest. Like you said, it has never been used.

Peace
Dave

SmokeyBare

Might try WD-40. It can soften some glues and it should not damage the finish.

Goo-Gone is another product that is sold in most Home Depot or Lowe's stores.