What size shut off valves should I get?

olcoon

Last summer I found the basement around the UDC wet, once it was so wet that I had to use a wet vac to remove the water & dry it out. I think I tracked it down to the outside shower. The first time, apparently the lever on the shower head was locked on, and I've found the knobs slightly on also. As we never use the shower (the outside one!) I was thinking about installing shut off valves behind the shower. That way if we should decide sometime in the future to use it, I could turn it back on. But I don't know what size to get. I was wondering if anyone knows what size I should get.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Roy, We don't have the outside shower but I think the connections on the rear are the same type as the inside fixtures. You should be able to find a cap of some sort at a Home center. Otherwise you could put inline valves and they should probably for be 1/2" ID tubing.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you get ambitious you could install a hot and cold water manifold system like our classic Landmark has. It allows us to turn off the water to individual areas in the coach. We keep the outside shower manifold switch off unless we are using it.