2011 NorthTrail 26LRSS awning ?

mbrady4

We just purchased our new NorthTrail can't wait to use it. We have never had electric awning (fixed pitch) and wondered if anyone had ideas on how to "tilt" it when it rains and also how to hang lights from it. Thanks!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
mbrady4, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. Sorry, I can't help with your question. Our rig has a standard awning. I think you'll receive lenty of help from other members shortly. I know there are at least two different versions of awnings on Heartland trailers. One can be tilted.

pegmikef

If you have the same awning we have on our NT26LRSS, it supposedly has a builtin tilt feature that automatically tilts the awning when it rains. I don't how well it works, because this is Texas and we haven't had any rain for a couple of months. On the lights you'll have to use a ladder unless you're six five or so. I bought some little hangers that slide in where the strap would go on a manual awning. Ours is a Carefree. My only complaint is really the fixed pitch. Aside from that it is sure easy to extend and retract. There is another thread that addresses these awnings. I'll see if I can find it and send it to you.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/22362-Electric-Awningsp=166870&highlight=#post166870

Manzan

We have a NT 21 FBS with the same awning and had the same concern. Our first outing was last month to the Oregon coast and it RAINED. Left the awning extended half way to keep the entrance a bit dryer. When it started to fill, the supports would retract a bit, the awning would belly down on one end and the water would pour off. We were not exactly level but very close to with the hitch slightly, an inch?, high and the water would exit the aft end of the awning. I live in Seattle and much of our trailering is west of the Cascades during the off season and we do get rain. Now to see how much wind it can take.

APT

Mine has auto-dump which works just fine. Just don't stand near the end as there is a lot of water when it does.