large motel parking lots

1231ChaseB

Hi all ! When traveling south along I75 on the way to Fl., in Jan., there's time's when I'd like to pull into a motel in lower Georgia and spend the night ! Trouble is this truck and fifth wheel isn't going to fit into most parking lot's ! Doe's anyone know of a web site that might list RV friendly or maybe semi friendly motel parking lot's ? Coming from Michigan the fifth wheel is waaaay to cold to sleep in and i don't want to wait several hour's for the furnace to warm it up ! Thank's
chaseb

trvlrerik

I do not know of any specific web sites that give a list of big rig friendly motels. I do know that Comfort Inn (Choice Motels web site) will give information on the parking options at all of the Comfort Inn family of motels. I have also found that full sized Holiday Inns (not Holiday Inn Express) usually have large parking areas as they often host large conventions. If I want to stay at a motel while pulling cross country I have had good luck with these two chains of motels.

2010augusta

Put big brother to work and use Google maps to view the parking lots at several hotels.

I use to do that to find a go place to park my truck and car hauler on off-road trips when I know there would be no trail head parking.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Also look for trucker friendly hotels. I know they are not up there on the scale but most super 8 motels have truck spaces.

Also checkout Cracker Barrels. Most of them have RV parking and most have hotels nearby.

mikeandconnie

Check Hotels near Walmarts or Pilot/ Flying J fueling Plazas, all RV freindly. Just use google map along I75.
I'm not sure how nice of hotel this is, but check this location out in Perry, Ga. Looks like they have a big pull thru spot on the back side and next door is a Super Walmart. You may need to check on Walmart parking before you go.

Great Inn 1006 Saint Patricks Dr, Perry, GA <NOBR>(478) 987-5600</NOBR> ‎
within walking distance from the Super Wal-Mart, as well as some great
restaurants

Wolfpackers

On our way to Fla in Jan, we stopped at a Walmart in Valdosta, just off I-75. Fueled up at the Murphy station at Walmart, pulled into the back of the parking lot with few more RV's and went to bed. I had called ahead to ensure they allowed overnight RV parking.

Brent