2011 24RBS North Trail Travel Trailer Mattress

bikerbob

:cool:We purchased our travel trailer and a box springs is what was in the trailer supposedly to be the mattress to sleep on. I contacted our sales rep at the dealer and he said he would order a mattress for us. When we went to pick it up, it was an air mattress. We also tried a queen-size mattress out of of one of our guest bedrooms, but the mattress was too long. We were also told that you could purchase a 3-4" memory foam mattress pad to go on top of the box springs. I can't believe that you buy a new trailer and a new mattress does not come with your trailer. Do you have to order a custom-made mattress for the travel trailer?? Any suggestions or comments.

Thanks and see everyone in Spring, TX this weekend.

irvin56

We just bought a memory foam topper and cut to fit.Need to climb higher, but much better now. a lot of trailer matteresss's are different sizes then factory house ones. That's why most are foam. A lot of us have done that with just toppers

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
We actually love the mattress in ours. I slept like a log on it. But when we bought the trailer the salesman made a big deal out of it being extra long??? Well unless I have grown about 8 inches, it's not extra long, maybe for a trailer mattress it is long, not sure, but regular Queen size sheets fit is a tad bit loose.

pegmikef

I think I would probably hammer a little more on the dealer. Our NT 26 came with a regular (albeit shorter than a normal queen size) mattress that wasn't really great. A memory foam topper fixed it right up and we got it at Sam's for around a hundred bucks. I never heard of a box spring in place of the mattress . . . makes one wonder whether or not the mattress was swapped out for the box spring before you got the unit. Hey Bob, I'm the guy that had the only other North Trail at the Spring Rally.

GaryWT

ur 30QOK came with a queen spring with a piece of cloth on it, no wood so it is not a box spring, just a spring. We put a topper on it but it has not helped as much as I wanted to. Will either upgrade or get a better topper for next year.

bikerbob

I ordered a TT mattress from a local mattress factory here in Baton Rouge,La. and its the best matress i ever slept on. Twas around $ 300.00 .Sweet Dreams !!