Spare tire carrier on 245RL

Snakebite

It would be nice to have the spare tire on a under coach "Spare tire winch". This would get it off of the rear end, and also allow for full use of the slide out rack. Mounting the spare under the front part of the coach would be an easy job, and it would not hang down any lower than the retracted landing front landing gear/stabilizers.

Snakebite

bigdob24

We have a RK265 and that slide out rack came with ours also. I had them install a plain bumper not the slide and plan on a hitch to triple tow after the warrentee runs out.
I have a bick rack that attaches to the bumper, I just bought an extention to get it past the outer edge of the spare, should be fine and under the 200 lb limit.

Dan

Snakebite

Hi Dan.... I understand. If the spare tire was not on the bike rack, then the rack could be used to haul a generator. Most of the new quiet generators weigh in at about 170 lbs when they are full of gas. This would make things very easy for the user. It seems that everyone suffers from the same fear.... that of doing Anything to the new coach because of the warranty. It's kinda like you don't really own it until the warranty runs out. I'm not different, I have a lot of things that I want to do, but will play the warranty game for the first year. In the mean time, I have removed the spare tire so that I can haul my generator and stay within the weight limit of the existing rack.

Snakebite

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Snake, you might be able to adapt an underside tire carrier from one of HL's other brands. 4 bolts and a "P" strap to hold up the shaft for the winch and your done.

Snakebite

No more problem... I can now utilize the full 200# capacity of the rack without any overload worry. There is plenty of room and leftover load for my Yamaha generator.... fully fueled. Also, the spare tire is easy to get to.... I just crank it down. Lippert sells the spare tire carrier, but I found one on Ebay. Nothing is wielded to the coach... everything is screwed or bolted on.

100_0139.jpg100_0138.jpg100_0137.jpg