Setup of TST TPMS Parameters

Vtxkid

I know I had seen it in the forum but can't find it... was wondering what you guys are setting as your low and High pressure parameters along with you high temp alarm setting for your TST TPMS? I installed mine today but decided to wait on setting the parameters. Input appreciated...

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I just looked at another forum that Dan Covington is on He is the president of TST. His answer was the system is preset at the factory at 157 degrees Farenhiet (sp) He recommends that you set you system on pressure at 10% below and 15% above what you run you tires at. I set mine at 65 low and 105 since mine are rated for 80lbs. I know that this is lower and higher than what he says but this is where I feel comfortable with.

Vtxkid

I just looked at another forum that Dan Covington is on He is the president of TST. His answer was the system is preset at the factory at 157 degrees Farenhiet (sp) He recommends that you set you system on pressure at 10% below and 15% above what you run you tires at. I set mine at 65 low and 105 since mine are rated for 80lbs. I know that this is lower and higher than what he says but this is where I feel comfortable with.

My rated pressure is also at 80lbs. Thats the % numbers I was looking for Lee... Thanks

lmcclure

One thing to consider on this system and to remember, as I found out the hard way. When you take the sensor off and on and after a year be sure to check the little o-ring that is inside it. I lost one and when I got up to leave the air was almost out of the tire. I did (very lucky) find it in the driveway, but I also called them to order some more and they sent them next day at no charge. I now keep a supply with the way the weather is here in Tennessee (one day freezing and the next day sweltering). Good luck I think that you will be more than happy with the system.

Vtxkid

One thing to consider on this system and to remember, as I found out the hard way. When you take the sensor off and on and after a year be sure to check the little o-ring that is inside it. I lost one and when I got up to leave the air was almost out of the tire. I did (very lucky) find it in the driveway, but I also called them to order some more and they sent them next day at no charge. I now keep a supply with the way the weather is here in Tennessee (one day freezing and the next day sweltering). Good luck I think that you will be more than happy with the system.

Lee, the 507RV TPMS doesn't require a o-ring when you install the sensor onto the valve stem... I was unsure at first myself because I had also recieved the extra o-rings in the kit so I re-read the manual and their was no mention of the o-ring being placed in the sensor. So, I did install the sensors but to make sure I didn't have an issue, I sprayed the stems with soapy water afterwards and all was good. Afterwards, I called TST and asked them to clarify wether or not the o-rings are intended for installing the sensor on the valve stems and they said no. The o-rings are for when you need to replace the battery... their is one inside the sensor housing that should be replaced. Tiny screws are added to the kit in case one is lost in the process of replacing the battery too. Looks like it will be a nice sytem to have and a little more piece of mind...

lmcclure

My set is the one that you can't replace the batteries. I bought it about 1 month before they came out with your model. Oh well such is life. Glad you have a set of the newer ones. See you on the road.

WilmanJim

I have had the older system for nearly 2 years now and it has worked great. My settings for our 110 psi tires are at 135 psi HI and 100 LO. On mine the factory Temp is set at 157 degrees F with an adjustable range to 208 degrees F. On a good Hot day I have seen the pressure reach near the 135psi mark. At first I had them set at 130psi and had the sunny side ones alarm so I set them all to 135 and so far no alarms.
We have a little over 28,000 miles on them.
Jim

Vtxkid

I have had the older system for nearly 2 years now and it has worked great. My settings for our 110 psi tires are at 135 psi HI and 100 LO. On mine the factory Temp is set at 157 degrees F with an adjustable range to 208 degrees F. On a good Hot day I have seen the pressure reach near the 135psi mark. At first I had them set at 130psi and had the sunny side ones alarm so I set them all to 135 and so far no alarms.
We have a little over 28,000 miles on them.
Jim

Good info WilmanJim...
I had my first road trip with my 507RV system last weekend and what a relief it is to know your trailer tires are doing okay as we cruzed on down the road. My tire pressure was set at 80 psi and my monitor readings got up to 88psi. no problems...

lmcclure

No matter what system that you chose, whether it be TST, Doran,Pressure Pro, it is comforting to be able to have a piece of mind while traveling down the road. I have checked my pressure with the system and without the system. There is a plus or minus of about 2 lbs. While on the road the pressure will go to 90 according to the temp. I have been at 110 on the temp but not higher. Good luck as these systems do not prevent tire failure but will let you know, hopefully in time to prevent major damage. Happy Trails and many miles of safe travels.

porthole

Retired
Mine are set for 10 under for the truck and trailer and 20 over for the truck, 30 over for the trailer. One feature I use everyday is just checking the tire pressure using the display.