Camping World, Columbia SC, BEWARE

BozRazor

Took my Razor in to get recaulked, very specific instuctions, remove all old caulk and put new on. Gave me an estimate, sounded close to me so I left it. The service manager even told me it would take about 20 tubes of caulk. Was scheduled to be done on Saturday, I dropped it off on Monday, so I decided to call and check if it was done. No sir, sorry one of our mechanics had an emergency yesterday(Fri) so we didn't get it done, but we will have it by Monday. I told them I would be back on Wednesday to get it. Two more days I thought to get it done right. Well on Wednesday it was raining like crazy so I told them it would be Friday before I could get it, which made them happy so the caulk would have time to set up. Finally on Friday I get there and my unit is sitting in the yard, looks good from a distance but as I get closer I see old caulk...lots of it...all but about 20 feet worth where they just covered the old stuff over. I asked the manager after he gave me the $400 bill what exactly was I paying for. We went out and looked the no-caulk job over and he started telling me how the technician that wrote it up didn't know what he was doing and that he had fired him. I felt so much better now. This guy even told me they had pressurised my unit and I didn't have any leaks. I then used my fingernail to scratch the chalk that used to be caulk from around my windows, he just looked at me dumbfounded. I told him that I have spent wat too much money here to be treared like this and that I will not be back. He told me that I wouldn't be charged for the caulk they did...and I left...I just wonder if I would have had my generator serviced there, if they would have just started it up and said it's O.K.

Northern Virginia
That is so frustrating. What a bummer. That is the main reason why I do as much as I can myself. At least you know it will be done right.

John

Sounds so familiar. Last year I took my Bighorn into CW in Meridian ID to have a 2nd AC put in the bedroom. The quoted me a price and told me it would be ready in 2 days. I was called in 2 days and was told it was ready. As I pulled into the lot I could see no AC on the top of the bedroom. I climbed up the ladder and noticed that they had replaced my main AC with the smaller 13500. I went inside and was told it was ready to pickup. I asked the service manager to tell me what they did to my Bighorn and he told me they replaced the front bedroom fan with a new AC. I told him to show me. WE climbed up on the roof and he said something like oops. He contacted the service person who did the work and he said he missread the instuctions. I was told it would be ready that afternoon. Later that after noon I was called and told that they had to order new parts because they had the wrong unit for this application. Several days later I had my Bighorn back. Only go to CW now when nothing else is available.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well to quote "Larry the cable guy"...you can't fix stupid. Find a good independant repair shop and use them.