ATF: Elk / Eagle Ridge - AC/FURNACE FAN BLOWS CONTINUOUSLY

Hello--Our 2011 Elkridge 34TSRE 38'. The fan for the ac/furnace blows continuously when in use. Isn't the fan suppose to shut off & on depending on the set temperture on the therostat? If answer is yes, then can anyone tell us what may be wrong?
Thank you,
Bobo & Sharon

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I guess that it depends on how your thermostat is set up. You need to use the "mode" button on your thermostat and scroll to "Fan", then scroll to "Auto". It sounds like your T-stat is set to Fan On.
I don't know what thermostat you have but those instructions should help some even if yours is a little different.

Peace
Dave

ankie3467

We took our 2011 27rl Elkridge out for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago, and we had the same thing going on. Hubby had to flip the breaker to shut off the A/C fan. I dont know why the A/C fan would come on! It is on the list of questions we have for the dealer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ankie3467, read post #2 above. Your thermostat is set to "on". You just need to set it to "auto".

Peace
Dave

Gib

If you have the round Dometic thermostat you need to toggle the green light up to the fan position using the lower, center on/off button. Once you get to the fan position you can toggle through low, hi and auto with the plus button on the thermostat. You want to put that in the auto position and that should stop the a/c fan from running then toggle down to the furnace and set the thermostat where you would like it to be. I had the same problem.

Good luck