30 amp extension cord made in the USA

landp

Over the past two months My wife and I have started trying to purchase things made here in the USA. We start at Made in the USA, then used items, then I will make it if I can, and finally outside of the USA. So I have been looking for a 30 amp cable made here in the USA. Or I will buy a used one. I can make one(I think)but the parts have to be USA made. Anyone know if there are such cord made here and where I can get it?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've not looked at my 30 amp extension but you can make one easy enough with parts from a home store. You would have to check Country of Origin on the parts and cable though. Wouldn't hurt to look into it.

Last edited:

landp

Well after doing some reading and research I was headed to a real disaster. I found out the 30amp plug for an RV is different than a 30 amp plug for a dryer. I am just going to get the 50amp service installed and save me a headache

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
landp, if you had planned on making your own cord, just purchase a dryer male connector and wire it to a female 50amp RV connector. It should work fine. Just like a 30 to 50 adapter would be. You would only be able to use the cord at home though. I assume you had the intention of plugging the RV into your Dryer outlet?