Satellite Dome Install

alkyspeed

Has anyone added a satellite dome antenna to the 3795 Cyclone?
Can You mount the receiver in the compartment above the stove where the DVD/Radio is located? If so how did you route the coax cable from the sat receiver to the TV?
I take it that the signal feed would be acquired from the coiled cable already located in the roof - then through the docking center to the TV. If that is the case that should get signal to the coax hookup in the compartment above the stove. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Sturgis Site.JPG
    Sturgis Site.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

jbeletti

alkyspeed,

I don't have the Cyclone but I have read up on the dome dishes. The brand I am looking at has 2 RF outputs, 1 for each of 2 satellite receivers (livingroom & bedroom??). It also has a control wire.

That said, even if you locate the dome dish where the cable may be prewired, there is likely only one coax there and no control cable.

My guess is that an installer can fish across the ceiling between the bow rafters and come down into the cabinet you want to put the receiver/controller in.

Best of luck and I hope you get input from some Cyloners here.

Jim

donabel

Cust. Svc told me that one of the 2 sat plugs on the docking center goes to the roof and you use a short jumper to route it to the other sat connector which takes it back to the L/R TV connector