Ford 2008 Superduty comes with flamethrower !!

randes

Hold on Ford

Boy you sure got to hand it to the Heartland Owners Forum! Not even Ford can slip something by them.

Thanks Kognito, I just found out yesterday that my 2008 F-350 was on hold - but the salesman 'didn't know why'. YEA Right! :mad:

kognito

The thing that disturbs me about this article (unless Business week is reporting it wrong) Is that Ford is talking about making software changes to prevent the ignition of fuel!!!

Why not address the fuel leaking problems!! :confused:

No wonder Detroit has such a bad reputation lately None

randes

Kognito,

My thoughts exactly. So what happens if the engine senses an overtemp situation while you are running down the highway at 65 mph and throttles back the engine? Are you left without any power?

My Ford dealer so far tells me he doesn't know too much about the problem nor does he know how long it will be before the "Fix" will be in place. My problem is that my new Bighorn 3055 is sitting on a lot in Muskegon, MI waiting for me to come pick it up and I have no idea how long it will be before Ford finishes building my 2008 PSD. :mad:

randes

Hi all,

Still don't know what the fix is or was for the tailpipe problem, but my truck is now off hold and scheduled to start production on 4/9. Sure hope that date holds!!!!! I'm ready to pick up my new 3055 and head for Alaska.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
randes said:
Hi all,

Still don't know what the fix is or was for the tailpipe problem, but my truck is now off hold and scheduled to start production on 4/9. Sure hope that date holds!!!!! I'm ready to pick up my new 3055 and head for Alaska.
That sounds great Roy. I hope Ford has a fix that works. I know you want to get on the road.:D

billd

All 3 have the potential for this problem. The DPFF creates so much heat that if any fuel gets into it during the regeneration you get flames out the tailpipe. Ford was just fortunate to be the first to experience this.

Bill

Cooper

This all happened about three weeks ago and they reflashed the comp and solved the problem. Business Week reported it kind of late. My 2008 F350 is on its way.

T

tgboyd

The real problem hasn't been solved however and that is losing power under load. Check the Diesel Stop for the latest posts by the horse folks. It is a nightmare for them. This is the reason I bought the Duramax instead of the new F-450. Let's hope Ford gets it's act together.

TB

C

Chulinw

I look at a new 08 Ford F-350 on the used car lot yesterday and only had 400 miles on it. It has me thinking is something wrong but the used car dealer has been in business for a long time and he said that it has no problems. It is Navigation, Sun Roof and every other thing a person would want. They are asking 43K. MSRP was something like 57K. I guess have to go to the diesel form and do some reading.