ATF: Big Country - Entertainment Center Cabinet Struts

Razduck

I am curious why Heartland uses such short cabinet struts on the Entertainment Center Cabinets, and all the rest in the Living Area for that matter. When I open the Cabinet to the Jensen Radio/DVD Player, I have to duck down to be able to see the entire face of the unit. If the struts were longer, and allowed the cabinet to open further, this would not be an issue. The rest of the Living area cabinets are the same 6 1/4" struts, and don't open far enough. These are not the same level of the problem as the one on the stereo door.

Are there longer struts that can be sent to me for the stereo cabinet? I think that 7"-8" struts would work a great deal better. Please let me know what can be done for the stereo cabinet door at least.

Thanks!! :)

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post.

The amount of travel on the strut is all about where it is screwed into on door/frame. If it is not a big enough opening, then the strut can be moved.

Currently, Heartland only has the single size cabinet door strut.

I hope this helps to answer some of your question.

Razduck

Bryan,

Thanks for the input, I will take a look at re-positioning the mounting point of the struts, and see if that helps. I will reply back here with the result. :)

Bob Vaughn

The door over the microwave has no strut and it is hard to hold the door open and get stuff in and out....The smallest one that camping world sells is too long.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Not one single strut in our 2011 Big Country! At first I was disappointed that everyone else had these but after reading several posts with strut issues, I don't really mind being without. :) The hinges work just fine.

Razduck

Thank you for your post.

The amount of travel on the strut is all about where it is screwed into on door/frame. If it is not a big enough opening, then the strut can be moved.

Currently, Heartland only has the single size cabinet door strut.

I hope this helps to answer some of your question.

Bryan,
I tried moving a strut on one of the cabinets today. I moved the lower mounting screw about 1" higher on the cabinet frame, and the cabinet will not close. There is not enough travel in the strut to allow for it to fully compress before the cabinet door closes. Hence, your suggestion does not work.