2011 sundance 3300ck

PEIFAMILY

Started dewinterizing her, the hot water heater, thats the thing I am stuck on now, I cant tell if its open or in bypass mode.. the valves, it says the top and bottom need to be opposite of the middle one, when they are facing the line, is that open or closed?

Thanks!

grizzlygiant

Easy to tell if you have it right; with the handle on the bypass line turned across the line, ie: at 90* to the line, if you have watter from the hot fawcet you are OK. If not turn the other valve handles until you do.

rebootsemi

Our 3000rk has a diagram inside the utility door for all of the plumbing, funny thing is once you remove the panel in the storage locker what you are looking at doesn't in any way shape or form look like the diagram.

PEIFAMILY

Waters in the tank, pressure relief has water too when I test it and hear the water going into the tank, BUT no hot water.. Tried electric first for a few minutes, still ice cold water. Tried propane, same.. ice cold water.. something I am missing? Worked last fall..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I ask this question because I don't know. Is your bypass valve marked "normal use"? Also, if you are getting cold water is it from the hot water side of the faucet? Is the LP burner on the water heater showing a flame?
Kinda sounds like you are getting water flow through the water heater but the heater is not heating. Is this correct?
Keep us updated.

Peace
Dave

PEIFAMILY

Hi,

Yes, getting full flow from both sides of the taps.. The LP, yes, I do see a flame but maybe it takes longer then 15 minutes to heat up after not using all winter? It dont even become lukewarm afterwards when testing the faucets..

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Sounds like the bypass valve is still open. There is a valve that goes from the blue line into the HW and a red line that comes out of the hw. There is another line Blue that connects these 2 lines together before the HW that has a valve in the middle of it that should be closed. t sounds like this one is still open. This is the bypass line. Whew I think that I said that right.

PEIFAMILY

I called Heartland to confirm I had the bypasses in the right direction and everything was good, so just let it sit for a hour and finally have hot/warm water (I can hold my hand under it easily after its been on electric for a hour) so maybe its super slow to heat due to the weather still a bit colder here (50's here lately)..

Heartland Support was a great help :)

Thanks for everyones help :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One more thing to give some thought to is that if, for example, your faucets on the outside shower are both open it will allow the hot/cold water to equalize and you will not get hot water, but warm water. So be sure all the faucets, including your shower are off.

Peace
Dave

PEIFAMILY

Thanks everyone :)

Seems to be taken care of. Going to give it an afternoon this week sometime and get it all freshened up and let the hot water warm good ;)

PEIFAMILY

Well,

It warmed up a lot here so started testing things further. Dont seem like any hot water is there at all. Last time seemed like a little bit of luke warm water, tried with propane for about 30+ minutes and nothing. Then tried electric, same.

When I flip the pressure valve, shouldnt I have some hot water come out there? I held my hand under it and nothing. Then I tried the hot water drain pipe under by the steps and no hot water came out.

I had called heartland to confirm I had the valves the correct way (top open, middle closed and bottom open) and the heater tech support just told me to leave it on for awhile to see if it heats up and that cold water may take awhile to warm, but shouldnt I feel something after a hour?

We are in the process of moving to a new house so we will need the RV in about 2 weeks to stay in for a few days while we start getting things arranged and beds setup at the new house, etc.. So hot water would be a plus :D

Thanks!

warm water (I can hold my hand under it easily after its been on electric for a hour) so maybe its super slow to heat due to the weather still a bit colder here (50's here lately)..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you opened the high pressure relief valve and got no water you may have to revisit the valves or routing of the plumbing. Or did you get water but just not hot water?
After an hour you should have hot water.
Sorry I can't be of more help, but I bet it is something simple. At least hope so.

Peace
Dave

PEIFAMILY

Hi,

I do get water pouring out when I flip the valve.

I tested to make sure water was going in by draining the tank at the bottom by the door, seeing I had no water then at the relief vave then turned on the water (city) again and water came out the valve.

Just cold water. No hot at all.