What size TV did you squeeze in the cabinet?

Hi all Im waiting to close on the 30fqbs and looking around for a flat screen. I was wondering if anyone had tried to max out the width space in the tv cabinet. If I remember right it was 25 in. wide? What size were you able to get in there? I was hoping for a 32 in but Im not sure it is possible. Dumb question but I dont have one to measure on right now. Thanks.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
IMG00059.jpgIMG00057.jpgIMG00055.jpgMine would only fit a 21" TV so I go the thinking cap out and made a frame with a piano hinge and mounted it on the outside now the DW has more storage on the inside .

Imcclure, pure genius! Thanks for the post. Please, 2 questions: 1)what kind of wood 2) which stain? I had thought about that with solid flat mount out on the front face - but the hinge is a great idea. Looks like you purchased 26"? Seems your cabinet is a bit more beefy than mine I dont know If I could get away with the same setup on my thin wood stips in the front. Below is the cabinet I have to figure out............
30fbqcabinet.jpg
25" wide X 23" tall

I am re-inspired now to make a left or right swing so the tv can be viewed from the bed too, just have to figure out the strongest mount point for that. (center spin swivel too destructive and much work!) One could say the sides of the cabinet could have been left out but then the tv sides would be in the traffic lanes to the bed. Would save some $$ on buying second tv. Ill post when I tackle it in about a month.

Last edited:

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I put a 32" Vizio there. I used 1x2 oak, and matched the stain with a light oak color with Helm spar varnish. If your frame is like mine it will hold the screws. We can swing ours so that if the news is on and we are eating we can watch it. Biggest cost was the TV mount. I have recently completed 2 more for friends. Took onger drying than it did anything. Got the piano hinge at Home Depot. I used brass screen door latches to secure it while traveling. Post pics when you finish. Good luck.