Looking for Help with 3010 Decision

RogerO

Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum, and need some advice.

After 36 years of practicing dentistry full time, I recently retired, and the DW and I have decided to give back to the community in the form of a mobile dental office serving the disadvantaged.

After much research, it became apparent that a fifth wheel toy hauler is perfect for us because it give us a private "office" (the garage) to do dentistry, yet allows us to use the rest as an RV when vacationing.

It seems that there are very few of the smaller TH's that are excellent quality overall. We were close to buying a Voltage 3200, but it seems they have a lot of QC problems, as do most of the other so called high end units

My question is has the QC on the 3010 been good? Do they seem to have any major problems, such as slide leaks, roof leaks, etc? Does the factory back up the buyer? Who seems to have the best pricing around?

Thanks to you all for your help!

jimtoo

Hi Dr. Roger,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

What you are planning sounds really great. I hope it works out for you. The toy hauler would be a very good choice I think. You could most likely talk to the dealer or even the factory and they might help you in your search for a unit. The Heartland units are built on an assembly line like all the other manufactures, but I believe a little more care is taken in the production process by the Heartland people. If you do have a problem, the Heartland personnel are the best. They will do almost anything to make you a happy customer and owner and member of the Heartland family.

Hope you come aboard as a family member and owner.
Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

RogerO

Thanks Jim! Linda and I plan to spend a lot of time here learning about RVing in general and Heartland specifically.

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your interest in Heartland RV and the Cyclone product. The Cyclone has two floor plans for you to check out. First the 3010 and next the all new 300C. The Voltage floor plan 3200 is actually our 300C model. Cyclone has always led the way with features, benefits, and industry firsts in the Toy Hauler market. In fact, we do not even refer to ours as a Toy Hauler, the Cyclone is a High End Luxury fifth wheel that just happens to have a garage. We are very proud of this statement and I would enjoy speaking to you further on this subject. If you would like to contact me here at the factory I will be glad to go over all of these items. I hope that we can find a way for you and your family to join our family here at Heartland RV. Take care, Mike :cool:

szewczyk_john

We just purchased a road warrior 305 which is the same floor plan as the cyclone 3010. I have used this unit twice so far for just 7 days total but I'm loving the decision. There have been some minor issues which you will find with any new unit but I'm happy that we made this decision. I keep finding new reasons to be happy as we use more of the functions and find that not only was it made with better materials but the quality of work done with those materials. So far we've found a hinge on the bathroom cabinet that was not attached to the door properly, a cold water supple line going to the hot water heater was lose, and we have a screw from the light in the underbelly popping up through the bedroom floor in front of the bedroom dresser. If these are all the problems I find, how can I be upset?

RogerO

Thanks everyone. John, I'm a bit confused, what is he difference between the Road Warrior and the Cyclone, if they are the same why choose one over the other?

timbuktu

I like to think of it as Chevy vs GMC. RW = Chevy, whereas Cyclone = GMC. This may not be accurate, but its the best comparison I have. Someone else may chime in with a better answer.

szewczyk_john

My understanding is that the cyclone is more laid out and has some extras not included in the road warrior package. I did not know they were the same until after I bought mine but we fell in love with a road warrior at an RV show and then did some shopping for the best price. After we put a deposit down on the road warrior we researched cyclones and found that we could not have gotten the same price difference so we are happy.

71stang99

I have yet to find any differences between the RW 30c and Cyclone 300c except for cost. If I hadnt put a deposit down on the 300c most likely it would have been the RW to sove some bones. Oddly enough the dealer I signed the agreement with sent me a flyer offering 2k off of the price of a Cyclone if the deal closes by the 16th, I wonder if they will give it to me since I've only signed the purchase agreement with deposit but not the down payment nor signed the finance paperwork yet (its being overnighted and will be back in their hands on the 16th).

gpshemi

I believe it comes down to standard options. Cyclone has more things included, where as the Road Warrior has to be optioned out to be on par.
Short of that, it's Chevy vs GMC. Both will be great units I'm sure.

RogerO

Thanks for all of your help, now on to my next problem!

All of the pros say that you should "test drive" an RV before buying one. Since Linda and I are absolute noobs to RVing, we really do believe in this philosophy.

Does anyone know a place where we would be able to rent a 3010 (or equivalent, not necessarily a TH) with a tow vehicle for a few days to see if this fits our needs? If available we obviously would prefer it close to NYC, but would travel to it if not.

Thanks

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I think the comparison would be more like the Ford Crown Vic and Mercury Maurader. More standard features on the Cyclone and the Cyclone has less of a 'dirt bike' motorcross interior.

rustyshakelford

I have yet to find any differences between the RW 30c and Cyclone 300c except for cost. If I hadnt put a deposit down on the 300c most likely it would have been the RW to sove some bones. Oddly enough the dealer I signed the agreement with sent me a flyer offering 2k off of the price of a Cyclone if the deal closes by the 16th, I wonder if they will give it to me since I've only signed the purchase agreement with deposit but not the down payment nor signed the finance paperwork yet (its being overnighted and will be back in their hands on the 16th).

They are basically the same design but as others have mentioned there are more things standard with the cyclone. The exterior sides on the cyclone are of a higher quality finish (smoother and shinier) and HD option are the two big ones that I can come up with off the top of my head.

Brett

6.7powerstroke

That was true on the older versions, but on the 300C and the 30C there is nothing other than the full body paint and the HD package. They are identical. Used to be the RW didn't have things like Fantastic Fan, second A/C wiring, etc. The 30C has all of these things. The HD package with the vessel sinks is about it. All of the standard options are identical. This is coming from the rep and me going through both of them with a fine tooth comb. The Cyclone dealer had a whole list of differences with the 3010 and the RW version (can't remember the model number) all of these were on the 30C which was different from previous model comparisons.

irvin56

If you go to heartland rv site and on main page it has a dealer finder. fill in info, zip code and type of trailer and it will post any dealer in areas