Texas CHL holder

cjmach1

I appreciate the fact that the law allows us to carry a weapon for self defense but is an RV owners site the right forum for a discussion of this issue. I am a gun owner and a conceal carry license holder so don't try to bash me as a liberal or gun hater.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think for many RVers it's a topic worthy of discussion. States have different laws and folks have different opinions. Someone like me, being new to handguns, appreciates the opinion and advice of other RVers with experience.

GOTTOYS

I agree with Ray, but some of the Gunheads that come on here get a little carried away. Peep sights? Laser sights? 30 round mag. We're talking using a weapon as a last resort against a threat on your life. We aren't talking about a firefight, stalking your victim in the middle of the night, firing off 30 rounds. Gimme a break! This isn't Cowboys and Indians. I hope I'm not in the area when you miss. If one or two rounds from my old 12 gauge doesn't get the job done it's over with anyway. Fantasize all you want, the big firefight ain't gonna happen and be thankful for that....Don

DW_Gray

Absolutely. Many RVers have one or more weapons with them during their travels. From time to time, issues arise that only fellow RVers could answer a specific question better than other weapon type forums. We are a unique group as well and we take our weapons with us.

buckeyebob

i am from sandusky,ohio.we recently had a police officer killed in the line of duty.his crime was trying to stop a man on a bicycle at 3 am with no lights on bike,man refused to stop and then shot our officer 5 times ,missing once.officer got off 12 rounds while dying on ground and hit "alledged assailant"2 times in arm.this man was a 50 year old career criminal.my whole point in this long post is if the bad guys will shoot a cop that they know is armed whats their attitude toward the rest of the fish in the pond of life?i think there is plenty of room on this forum for this topic,as most rvers are responsible citizens that worked hard all their lofe and now want to enjoy some of this great country of ours before the doc gives them the bad news etc.all i have in my camper is a 9mm with 4 -17 round mags.hopefully all the ammo will rot with old age and never be used.i have a fire extinguisher and a smoke alarm also.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would only like to remind everyone to remember that everything they post could be used by a lawyer in a court of law against them should the situation warrant that. Just like posts on social networking sites could be used. So be careful what you post.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I recently completed a CPL class. Shooting skills were practiced at a distance of 21 feet or less, most between 6 and 12 feet, point and shoot, on the move, even in the dark. No reloading practice drills, either. All you got was what your weapon could hold and try for center mass. No head shots, no warning shots, no wounding to make them think twice. One thing (amonst many others) was if you're in a darkened room and you fire your weapon, MOVE. If you missed, you've just staked out your opponents target.