Windish RV/Denver, CO. Positive experience

rjr6150

As many of you know we had out unit broken into and vandalized early Feb. After dealing with the insurance company (really easy) I was amazed. Called and spoke with Dave one of the service writers sent photos and list of parts needed. From there he sent me to Margo in parts to confirm everything. Once the parts arrived they called and setup the appointment for last Monday 4/11/11. Arrived at 8:00 am and met Kirk another one of the service writers explained had driven 180 miles one way and if at all possible could this be done in one day he felt confident they could accomplish this. Long story short he called my cell at 3:00 the rig was finished. We went over the repairs among other things a new entrance door everything was completed in a professional manner and then we come to the bill. Kirk say little adjustment needs to be made they over estimated by $230. Needless to say I was amazed never dealt with body shop type reparis where the final bill was less than estimate. Guess what I'm saying if in the Denver area and need work would definately recommend this dealer.

6.7powerstroke

I agree. I took my 2010 Cougar to their Longmont store for service, even though they were not a Cougar dealer because of Alan's service. When it was clear the Cougar wasn't working out for our needs, they were fantastic on the RW purchase. They really do a great job.

Cimriver

I also have had great service at Windish RV. We purchased a Keystone Laredo from them several years ago and several opportunities to use their service department. If needed you can bet I will let them have a go at our Elkridge.

jimtoo

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hope you make many great memories with your new Big County.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

We didn't buy our 2011 Landmark from Windish but went there for service. They had it for 3 weeks and didn't fix anything. They just said "that's normal" all the time. They didn't fix our air conditioner or fantastic fan. We finally had to hire an independent repairman to fix both of these problems and he did so in a couple of hours. In the case of the air conditioner it turned out it wasn't wired properly from the get go. Windish tried to fix the fantastic fan by fooling with the thermostat which they destroyed. Fantastic Fan was really good about getting us a new thermostat.

JamesD

I looked at 5ers there with a friend. There were so many new units that had parts missing, we came to the conclusion the repair dept was borrowing from new units to fix units that had been sold. I don't know if it's true but that was the only explanation we could come up with.

DXWOLF

Bought new 3055 Bighorn in 2010 from Windish, had a punch list for repair, they did an excellent job.

jimtoo

Bought new 3055 Bighorn in 2010 from Windish, had a punch list for repair, they did an excellent job.

Hi DXWOLF,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed. I see you have been a member for while and lurking in the background. Hope you have been gaining information. Jump in anytime to help out or ask a question.

Thanks for your report about your dealership experience.

Jim M