New Key Largo

LBallard

Got notified today of the estimated completion date and VIN number of our Key Largo.

It should come off line 04/22 and any where from a week to two weeks for delivery. We should have ownership by 05/10, hopefully sooner.

Did not get all the bells and whistles, but enough to make Debbie happy. We got the Four door refrigerator, leveling system, BR air conditioning, Fireplace, keyless entry, slide awnings, 32" BR TV. We are adding a dealer washer and dryer.

Looking forward to the rally, and many, many happy traveling days.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know the wait is killing you, but it will be there before you know it. We are at the Talledaga races with our KL and love it. Every time we set in it, we feel like we are home. You will love yours I bet to. So make sure you get it out and spend some time in it as soon as you can. Michael

mmomega

AnyTimer
Congrats on the new KL, it's a great trailer and don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any.

LBallard

How long was the delivery ( transit) time from the built date? The dealer is saying 7 - 14 days. Does that sound about right? Anyway the dealer is still saying about 16 May for PDI. I'm hoping sooner.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new baby to come. Enjoy and travel safely.

Nancy_S

LBallard,

When did you order your KL? I have a GC on order and have been trying to get the VIN #. Our dealer can't get the Rep to respond with the number. He said he has the number and will send as soon as he has a chance, but he hasn't returned our salesman's calls. I had asked when it would be done as well and have not been given an exact date for completion. We ordered ours about 4 weeks ago.

Thanks

mmomega

AnyTimer
We saw ours at the Dallas RV Show, thought about ordering but ended up buying the one on demo and picked it up within 2 weeks. Also just got this info when I stopped by the dealership. They have a brand new Key Largo they just got in last week. So if DFW is an option to pick it up now I'd give em a call. ExploreUSA 817-720-1000 and ask for Grant, he was our salesman. They also have one in at Ron Hoover in Houston, great bunch of guys as well.

LBallard

Nancy,
We ordered ours on 22 Mar. I think the order didn't get to HL until about the 29th of March. Why the delay, I couldn't tell you.
I called the salesman on12 Apr. He didn't know anything (very inexperienced, but trainable). He always had to check with accounting person, which always seemed to be in a meeting of some sorts.

So I called the factory. They provided me with the estimated completion date and VIN number. I forget the name, but they were extremly polite and very helpful.

Later that day the salesman called me to provide the same information, saying it was in a FAX from HL and in a pile of papers on his desk.

Anyway, we're happy knowing it should be here in a couple weeks or so. I see you are from ME. That is our destination after the rally. Wife said something about eating lobster right off the boat?

Nancy_S

Thanks for the info, if I don't get an answer on Monday from the dealer I'll try calling the factory.

There's nothing like "Lobsta" right off the boat. Hope you enjoy your visit to Maine. I was born and raised here in the western mountains near Sugarloaf USA.

Nancy

Nancy_S

I did get the VIN # today and I was also told that it has gone to be painted. It should be back by the end of next week.

Rodbuster

Like others have said, the wait is probably killing you. We were fortunate, we found a 2012 Key Largo on the lot at Lazy Days in Tampa Florida. We are picking it up this Saturday (5/21/11). It's our first RV and we are really excited.

Best of luck and have fun with yours.
Rodbuster

mmomega

AnyTimer
Ha, I think I get more excited for others saying they are about to receive their new KL than I was when we picked up ours. I've already done some slight modifications to ours nothing big yet, it didn't really need much.

Also do you plan on having Satellite in the new trailer ? If so I would suggest a portable unit, we ended up with the VuCube and I love that little thing. We had the roof mounted automatic satellite on our last RV for 4yrs or so and it did fine as long as there was zero tree cover. My VuCube has the same convenience of being fully auto but I just get to set it anywhere I want to now. So far on the past 2 trips my buddy was splitting the signal off of our vucube because his roof mounted couldn't pick up a signal just due to some minor branches hanging over his trailer. It's a pretty cool little device.

LBallard

Picked up our KL a couple weeks ago. Went on a test trip about 10 miles away. Checked everything out, and loaded all permanent equipment.

Took the coach to our normal campground (200 miles) to prepare for the trip to Goshen. Discovered a water leak in the basement area and collecting in the underbelly. I could not find the source of leak. Contacted the dealer and returned for repair.

After exiting the interstate, the off-door side rear brake locked up. Thankfully it was only 3 blocks to the dealer. Managed to hobble in. The dealer now has the rig and hopefully get all repaired soon.

Boca_Shuffles

I guess that's why it's called a test run. Even billion dollar ships and submarines have shake-down cruises. In the case of an RV, the shaking comes from the bumps in the road. ;-)

Hope all gets corrected before Goshen. You can have minor repairs done at the rally, if necessary.