Gas spring shock for under bed storage.

WBIII

Hello All,
This is my first post as we are new owners of a 2011 NT 26RKS. So far we love it. A big step up from our 20 yo Swingline.
Anyways, has anyone tried to or has fitted a automotive gas type lifting shock, to aid in the lifting of the bed storage area?

Thanks
Wayne

Ticaster

I have seen this feature on a lot of SOB's, I was a little surprised to see that is was not standard on the NT. If you install one, please post pictures and parts so others can make this modification.

Ray55

I was able to do this. I reused some shocks from an older camper. I had to add some wooden 2x2 to have attachment points. I will try and get some pictures and figure out how to post. My point would be if I can do it anyone can. I lifted the lid as high as I wanted the lid to open and then just played with the atttachment point untill I got it set right. Too low then too high just keep changing the position till you get it correct.

pegmikef

check out the Northtrail section. I know someone added a set with pictures.

Here's the link to the North Trail pictures. The thread also contains information regarding a source for the shocks and brackets.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...in-North-Trail?p=184440&highlight=#post184440