Sewer Hose Compartment

Bob Vaughn

I have the 3250TS and there is a sewer hose compartment . It is a PITA to get the hose into this compartment. I was thinking about installing one of the sewer hose holders under the camper and using that compartment for the fittings and gloves. Has any one else made this mod ? If so how did you get over the gas line? I had this on my other camper and it was easier than trying to get the hose into a small compartment...:cool:

campers2

I have installed that mod on my current rig and if you can't find a place to avoid the gas pipe as I did, Just put a spacer on top,( I used a treated wooden block) to allow it to be attached w/o contacting the black iron pipe. It has been in place for years. I used a 6 inch PVC square fence post from Lowes and fashioned a door on either end to allow access.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I get a 15 ft. Rhino-flex hose, and a 10 ft. extension into my compartment. Doesn't seem to be a problem. Nice thing about the Rhino-flex is it holds its shape, no matter how you bend it, so you don't have to fight a limp noodle into the compartment.

GOTTOYS

I have 2-10ft. hoses and a couple adapters in my 3250 compartment. Just grab em and stuff em in. No problem at all.....Don

robnmo

Not sure about your Big Country, but on our Cyclone, I bought a roll of stainless steel mesh wire from Tractor Supply, bent it into a 6 in square about 8 ft long with one end closed and found a stainless steel 6in door on a hinge on the open end, and installed it under the back of the RV. Lite weight, open so things don't collect inside it and easy access.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
A piece of 6" plastic square fence tubing with one end glued on and "igloo cooler" hinge and latch on the other end (cap) worked for me. Used Aluminum strap material to secure it the the frame. A square tube is easier to secure and make stay than a round tube IMHO. Some pix here.

Attachments

• trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 113
  • trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 98
  • trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 102

rickd

I have one heavy duty 20' sewer hose and another 10' light duty and don't have any problem getting them in the compartment.

rebootsemi

On our Sundance the hoses fit in the rear bumper, is made of sq steel tube with rubber ends. Is a little tight, but I can get all of the hoses in there connected together.

Razduck

I have 3 containers that I use for all things for RV Hook-Ups. Each container measures approx. 18" wide, 36" long, and 8" deep. One I use for sewer hose, and all necessary connections, second container is for all water hoses, water filter and pressure regulator, third container is for 50 amp electric power cord, 30 amp extension cord, and any other electrical accessories needed. All three of these stack on top of each other. I keep them in the garage bay, and on the docking station side of the BC. When I open the access door, everything I need to hook-up our RV is right there and easily reachable for a fast and easy set-up. Just my $.02 worth. :)